• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

97 Blue NSX COUPE.......Only 4k miles JH4NA2167VT000020

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrier

Suspended

[This message has been edited by harrier (edited 11 January 2003).]

[This message has been edited by harrier (edited 14 January 2003).]

Why does this 97 have a pre 97 center console? See console top with NSX badge indent. I could be wrong it could be just the picture.

But the car has a 3.2 liter engine and 6 speed transmission right? Unless someone transplanted that too...

[This message has been edited by Nimbus (edited 07 January 2003).]

Whoa, that interior does look really worn! Just look at that steering wheel, the carpet, and around the gas cover lever. Looks like it would have more miles on it then 4,000 miles.
Good Luck,
Z

ps - why doesnt someone get the VIN.

indeed it looks very worn inside... even my 91 is in a much much better shape....
the vin show its a 97 targa

[This message has been edited by BostonNSX (edited 07 January 2003).]

Whew! Must have been a rough 4k miles! Great color combo, best of luck with your sale!

------------------
Jason

It looks to me that it either has much, much more miles, or it has seen a lot of outdoor time with the windows open. Perhaps in some sort of salvage yard...Those are the only times I've seen cars with heavy dust wedged in the seat cracks and tons of mud on the carpet from workers boots, etc. The seats are the Onyx color of the 95+ cars. I doubt it's a rebadged 91-94, if it has the 6 spd/3.2, but it does look suspicious. The pic of the roof in the other thread also looks bad. The trim around the door looks uneven, etc.

No offense.. I think its maybe a "composite" car. you know.. just like composite violins

Originally posted by ck:
It looks to me that it either has much, much more miles, or it has seen a lot of outdoor time with the windows open. Perhaps in some sort of salvage yard...Those are the only times I've seen cars with heavy dust wedged in the seat cracks and tons of mud on the carpet from workers boots, etc. The seats are the Onyx color of the 95+ cars. I doubt it's a rebadged 91-94, if it has the 6 spd/3.2, but it does look suspicious. The pic of the roof in the other thread also looks bad. The trim around the door looks uneven, etc.

I'd believe it was just an uncared for car before i'd believe it was an older model that had the VIN changed. You know how much trouble that would be? Besides, it has dual airbags.

------------------
1992 NSX
VTEC Forums- The newest online discussion center, for Honda performance.

It appears that the center console is definatly not from a 97+, but it does have a passenger airbag. The glove box door appears to be crooked, but that could be a shadow. Even with extreme abuse, I dont' see how the interior could be so bitched up while the exterior looks like new paint.

I think there are some stories with this one.

[This message has been edited by mikec (edited 09 January 2003).]

Doesn't the analysis on this car start and stop with the fact that the VIN as listed on the earlier thread (JH4NA2167VT000020) does not match the vehicle pictured. According to the VIN decoder, if the 8th character is a "3," the vehicle is a coupe, if its a "6," the vehicle is a targa or "T." The vehicle pictured is a coupe with a Targa VIN. Something is not right.

I am amazed why we even tolerate this.... This must be the most bogus car to come a long in a quite while. I applaud the balls on this guy to even try selling this piece of crap of this site.

Hmm, lets run over the details one more time. The VIN doesn't match the car's current body style, Acura states only one Coupe was made that year and it wasn't this one. The interior doesn't match the year of claimed manufacture plus its missing the DOHC inlay from an earlier year, the interior shows way too much wear for only 4k. These interiors are really durable....more like 104K miles. Remember titles still can be washed, crooks also have access to CARFAX as well.

This car was an NSX - T that was either:

a. wrecked, clocked and glued back together using an earlier donor car.
b. stolen, wrecked, clocked and glued back together using a earlier donor car.
c. It's really a clocked 93-95 coupe with a switched/stolen VIN.

I wouldn't touch this car, if I won it in a lottery.....

I would also like to see the pictures of the VIN and also get the engine numbers # so we can match it to a specific car.

[This message has been edited by kinnsella (edited 10 January 2003).]

Originally posted by kinnsella:
... I applaud the balls on this guy to even try selling this piece of crap of this site. .....

I give the seller the benefit of some naivete here - doubtful if he even knows whether scam or otherwise. Should be able to tell at this point having car in his possession whther it has been "doctored" though.
Harrier - I'd love to see pic of what it looks like under the carpet ......
Oh - here's a big question while I think of carpet - take a pic under the passenger side carpet, right in front of subwoofer if you are interested in finding real story - PS or not?

You guys are good... this is why I'll be coming to nsxprime when I am ready to start looking. The details you guys pick up just from those pictures are amazing...

Any pictures of the engine? I wonder why Shawn(harrier) has not responded to any of the remarks made by members regarding his vehicle?? It would be nice to hear what he has to say about all the "issues" regarding this particular vehicle.

Originally posted by Veleno:
I wonder why Shawn(harrier) has not responded to any of the remarks made by members regarding his vehicle?? It would be nice to hear what he has to say about all the "issues" regarding this particular vehicle.

Perhaps, he just realized that he was scammed from an auction as well? I really hope that he did not pay much for the car if the car turns out to be a "composite".

I was just reading the other thread on this topic. The car fax states that this car essentially disappeared for several years. Then it was smoged in CA, several months later, itt was registered in AZ, the following month it was registered in GA. The car only added 552 miles between AZ and GA!!!! then it turned up in So CAL....sounds like title washing to me....

I was just reading the other thread on this topic. The car fax states that this car essentially disappeared for several years. Then it was smoged in CA, several months later, itt was registered in AZ, the following month it was registered in GA. The car only added 552 miles between AZ and GA!!!! then it turned up in So CAL....sounds like title washing to me....

If this car was indeed a press car that some suggested and some support of that theory has been made in the post like the VIN being 1 higher than the other known press car, and since this car has been through the auctions, could it not have been trashed by them. The interior could have been rebuilt by someone with whatever parts they could find? Since it went through auctions, could the car have been trunked to and from the auctions?

Either way, if someone went through all that trouble to replace VINs on a hard top 93 or 94 car, thay did a pretty good job with the painting and swapping in the 3.2 and 6-Speed trans. There has been people with the newer cup holder console that have asked for the older version since those cup holders are fairly useless in most peoples opinion. As someone already posted, pictures of under the carpet and other hard to reach placed would be helpful in at least finding out if this car was repainted entirely or not. Since it does have a nice Monte Carlo Blue paint, this car would definately show signs of a complete repaint if it were a 93/94.

I don't think so. That kind of wear was not done in a short time by auctions. I've seen my share of high line cars running through auctions (i live near manheim pa), and they are prepped to look their best.

There is enough suspision to raise serious questions:
VIN that doesn't match the car
Carfax
arm rest
interior wear and dirt at only "4K" miles
shiny paint

I don't think VIN's lie. thats the most serious tip off that something is amiss.

If Harrier is honest, then i feel bad for him. Imagine buying a diamond mine and finding out all you have is coal. I am surprised that he has not responded. How about it Harrier.. more detailed pics? We'll help you solve this case.... unless you want it to remain hidden.

I just spoke with Harrier. He claims it is one of 4 coupes made that year. Also told me that he replaced the tires, rears were worn out and fronts were the wrong size. I thought that was a little weird on a car with only 4.5k miles. The car is also missing the spare and floor mats. He sent me additional pictures, it is a 3.2 engine with the later strut brace. The engine bay looks clean, however I remember the braces and cam cover to be glossy black, these are matt black....the seats appear to be worn, the paint looks pretty good.

I still don't think its legit...

You guys are right. I seem to think that I have seen that picture before several months ago with it in that garage and the silver car in the backround. I saved that picture because I liked the color of the car.

I remember this car quite well. It was advertised on Autotrader in Bakersfield California last July. It was a 97 Blue Coupe so it is quite likely the same car. I immediately drove up for an inspection at the end of the Fourth of July weekend. I noted the car looked cobbled together. In particular, it was obvious that body work had been done with some overspray and a nose that looked extremely faded and worn as if transferred from another car. The interior condition was totally inconsistent with a car with four thousand miles.

I passed on the car. Now for the hard part, anyone know a nice clean 97 for sale for a guy in SoCal? Email me. [email protected]

John

I just spoke with Harrier. He claims it is one of 4 coupes made that year. Also told me that he replaced the tires, rears were worn out and fronts were the wrong size. I thought that was a little weird on a car with only 4.5k miles. The car is also missing the spare and floor mats. He sent me additional pictures, it is a 3.2 engine with the later strut brace. The engine bay looks clean, however I remember the braces and cam cover to be glossy black, these are matt black....the seats appear to be worn, the paint looks pretty good.

I still don't think its legit...

kinnsella,

Can you post the additional pics that he sent to you??

[This message has been edited by Deuce (edited 10 January 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Deuce (edited 11 January 2003).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back