• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A/C compressor change

Does anyone have any pictures they took from changing there a/c comp. It doesn't look that involved, but I wanted to make sure you didn't have to support the enging with a stand when you take off the crossmember with the mount on it.

Shouldn't be required.
Just checking - did you buy a new compressor or a re-build?
My rebuild had the wrong pulley & I didn't notice until after the thing was all back together again! The rebuild has a strong possibility of having an Integra pulley, which is smaller - the compressor is the same so they use the Integra units as the cores because the're obviously more common.
Just something to look out for as it's not immediately obvious - may not apply in your case of course.

I would recommend going to an A/C shop for a pump out first before you start, then return when you're complete after the h/ware install to pump again before re-fill. They should give you a credit for the R12 they remove against the new material you put back (might even be your own freon if you're sticking with R12!)

Had a bad seal on my compressor and replaced it with a Denso rebult unit. (factory knows best)
I bought compressor w/out clutch and used old clutch paid $240 Did not support the engine when front crossmember was removed.the job was not that bad. I converted to r134, blew the lines out changed the oil in the comp. to PAG and evacuated for 15min. blows 36 degrees now:) javascript:smilie(':)')

I got it done fairly easy. The crossmember was kinda a pain to get back in. I was doing all this myself also, so I only have two hands. Funny this is I have already taken it to the dealer twice, and they never fixed it. Spent over 700.00 dollars and got nowhere. I did this myself and now it will freeze you out of the car. Dealers are such rip offs.

Back