• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A/C Control Panel

Dear Member,

My A/C control panel not the computer unit) has finally gone dead yesterday and needing a new unit.

Can anyone sugeest where I can source a cheap replacement unit?

Since I live overseas and the local dealer here do not have stock plus super expensive and it requires at least 3 weeks to have the unit shipped in.

I like to see if anyone is willing to help me out!!!

Thanks a lot.

Tom (95 NSX-T):confused:

Find a local electronics repair shop in HK, take the controller to them & ask them to replace all the capacitors on the board inside the module. That will probably fix it!
Do a search for more info, this is becoming a very common failure, similar to the Bose amplifier issue.

I had mine fixed also. With shipping and extra insurance the total ran $171 US. Of course I could have bought a new board from Acura for $700.... no brainer.

D'Ecosse said:
Find a local electronics repair shop in HK, take the controller to them & ask them to replace all the capacitors on the board inside the module. That will probably fix it!
Do a search for more info, this is becoming a very common failure, similar to the Bose amplifier issue.

Thank you very much for your valuable advise D'Ecosse.

I had spent sometimes going through others posts relating to A/C Climate Control and I've already phoned the garage to replace all 13 capacitors and it should work.

Worst come to worst, I will have the board courier to one of the recommended electronic store in US and have all capcitors replaced.

Love this site since I can gather plenty of the valuable experiences from all members.

nsxtypet said:

Worst come to worst, I will have the board courier to one of the recommended electronic store in US and have all capcitors replaced.
If you get in a bind and need a board, let me know. I just sent a spare board to an electronics shop to be repaired. I figured why not have one standing by.

I have ordered enough capacitors to make 10 kits of the 13 caps needed to rebuild the climate control unit. One kit is for me and the other 9 kits are for up for grabs.

PM me if you would like one.

$12 each inc. shipping.

7-8-04 3 kits left

Last edited:
Briank said:
I have ordered enough capacitors to make 10 kits of the 13 caps needed to rebuild the climate control unit. One kit is for me and 2 others are already spoken for.

PM me if you would like one.

$10 each inc. shipping.

FYI all, this is a pretty good deal. Digikey charged me $4.87 in parts, plus a $5 handling fee, plus shipping. Brian is just being nice enough to spread the outrageous shipping and handling fee around a little bit.

KGP said:
If you get in a bind and need a board, let me know. I just sent a spare board to an electronics shop to be repaired. I figured why not have one standing by.
Someone PM'd me about this board, but I inadvertantly delted the PM (sorry!). If you see this and need assistance, feel free to PM me again.

Back