• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A conversation i had, "so not worth it" huh? wtf ?

So I'm having this Acura conversation with some TL advocates, and stated my outspoken viewpoint of how excited I am about getting my 92, '94, or later NSX.

This jo blo states how getting an NSX "is so not worth it.. " :eek:

When they come over to my house again this week, any suggestions on how to rebut, retort this statement without asking them to "leave" .. heh :biggrin:

Not so worth it, Not so worth it? Lets see what is worth it? Hmmmm...maybe we should purchase a car that is sporty, fast and reliable and comes with no trunk or luggage space...hmmm...that sounds like most sportscars:eek: Then, we need to find a car that has high production numbers...hmmm...that sounds like every North American sportscar....Next, we need to find to find a car that bursts into flames or breaks down alot...hmmm...that sounds like a Ferrari or a Lamborghini...Finally, we need to find a car that is massively expensive and combines awesome breath-taking looks with speed and head-turning exhaust sound...hmmm...that sounds like every supercar on the market!!:wink: Then again...maybe I should purchase an NSX...bow honorably to the Honda Gods and thank them for setting the tone for what should be seen as the totality of "sports" and "super"!!

Dam:cool:

Worth is all subjective from person to person. Someone's garbage is another's treasure.

Tell them you will spend $30k, drive it for a decade, and have it worth at minimum still $30k. On a car investment alone, not depreciating is a rare thing. Not to mention the looks you will get, the fun you will have driving it, and not have to take it to the dealer every month for maint.

I'm guessing this guy has never owned anything more exciting than his TL (which is a car I like btw.). It sounds like old fasioned jealousy to me.

The NSX is completely worth it. A pleasant surprise for me was that I found mine to be a refuge where I could escape from the stresses of life and just enjoy a nice day. It's like a portable, mini vacation. And I've made some great friends in the NSX Club.

It's more than worth it in my opinion. Don't worry about what he says, just take him for a ride in yours, and if he says anything off colour, he's either lying (because he'll know it's awesome) or jealous.

When they come over to my house again this week, any suggestions on how to rebut, retort this statement without asking them to "leave" .. heh :biggrin:

Tell them that the vast majority of those who have owned both an NSX and a TL (2004 TL 6-speed in my case) find the comparison to be almost as amusing as their ignorance of the NSX's virtues.

The TL is a fine car. The NSX is on a different level.

I paid $35K for mine, and what I got is a technological marvel and a whole gaggle of semi-reputable friends. :rolleyes:

So I'm having this Acura conversation with some TL advocates, and stated my outspoken viewpoint of how excited I am about getting my 92, '94, or later NSX.

This jo blo states how getting an NSX "is so not worth it.. " :eek:

When they come over this week, don't say a word about the car. Don't even talk about it between now and then. If it's "so not worth it", then they won't want to see it or ride in it right? Let's see if they ask you to see it. :wink: If they don't, then don't mention it again, until they bring it up. You know it's worth it, so who cares what they think.

Last edited:
I had an Integra Type R owner tell me that "the NSX is over priced, especially for what you get."
Hahaha, from a guy who spent almost 30k on an Integra!!!.

My brother also chirped before I bought X sayin that it ONLY has 270hp. (compared to his C5 vette). Once he drove the NSX he agrees that hp numbers on paper dont tell the whole performance story.

Jsut my $.02
Marc

I have a friend with a brand new 07 corvette and he said that he gets no "nice car buddy" or "wow that must be wild to own" or anything close to the comments and attention my '91 NSX garners. He is totally upset at purchasing the car because of the high payments and WISHES he had purchased an NSX because as he said it would be paid off and give him the pride of ownership of a true exotic. Plus since my car is the 52nd NSX produced he gets ultra jealous...tell that your friend!

So you have #800052 Canadian!
Porpoise in Kelowna has #800029!
I have #800045!
Where the heck are the others.
Oh, and ya, its so worth it!
Trev

yah i guess its because they unloaded the new NSX's here first so us Westerners (Canada & US) got the first batch :)
hey fffanman are u coming to the NSX WEST fest '08 in Kelowna?
May 16-18th.

I love both the Tl and the Nsx but drive down a busy street with each one and lets see which one is so not worth it. When I was a frequent poster on the TL board years ago and went to meets guess which car they told me to bring.

Respect !

fd9d9b25.jpg

And a TL is justifiable? Last I checked, the TL has one of the worst resale values for a mid-sized Japanese luxury car.

We bought a brand new 2007 TL w/Navi, all the perks with voice command, mp3, bluetooth etc. Before our first oil change (< 500 miles), Acura had to replace our entire command unit as the system supposedly "froze". Think blue-screen in Windows XP :tongue:

The NSX gets props around here but my mates are all "Evo this, 350Z that" and I don't really care. They go on and on and on about these cars but I love my NSX and that's all that matters.

Meh...try living in Dubai where everyone drives an uber luxury vehicle.
Porsche sells more cars here than in any market I would think because you see them on EVERY SINGLE CORNER! I've never seen so many luxury vehicles in my life but I degress...what were we talking about? Oh yeah TL with crap depreciation...

I think your mate is rather jealous...

Mines 800010.............:biggrin:

most definately going to the west fest nsx bash rash dash!
I'll bring my cream.
Trev
I have to start a new thread on early Canadian vin numbers.
Done.

Im a pretty young owner at 21 (20 when i got the car) and thats all i ever hear from all my friends with M3's , z06's, e55's , 911's and cars in that value. Not worth it not enough car for what your paying and on and on... All i ever tell them is trade me cars for a day and you will understand. Iv done that with 4 friends. 05 M3, 04 Z06 , 05 E55, 02 911 TT. All 4 of them work or live downtown Toronto. Its done pretty nice with suspension rims full exhaust and lots of carbon fiber exterior goodies. Im not lieing to you when i tell u the quickest i got my car back was 3 days when it was suppose to be 1. You can argue all day with someone on different opinions but when they drive the car they see yours!

Sorry, a real Porsche must be are air-cooled :eek: :wink:

See my signature... Air cooled for life... or until I can afford a nice Cayman S :biggrin: . The Cayman is the closest thing to an NSX replacement out, Mid engine, sub 300hp power output, great handling.

Sorry for going on a P-car rant. I'll tell you one thing, I couldn't see myself selling the NSX for any reasonably priced Porsche.

Obv the Porsche was a lil more fun to drive with the power but i still didnt get half as many looks with it. My buddy complains about how many times he has taken it into Pffaf, lol.

I ge that alot from the mustang/domestic guys here in town when i go to meets or the track (nsx is just an overpriced honda, its not worth it), but the import guys all bow to the nsx and defend it vigorously. I usually just smile cause well i know what i have, and i know that its worth every penny.

Back