• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A Few Shots of My (semi) completed NSX-R styled 1995 (CANADA)

That's what stormrider built- He's got some pics with his top off in the other thread. Hope that's not off topic-

Very nice work, have you ever considered painting the roof black and refinishing the headlight housings in white?

Thank you everyone for the comments! I'm excited to finally have the car done and become more active in this community.

FINALLY! great pictures, need more of the interior; as well as the transformation itself!

what kind of front bumper is that? it doesnt look like oem since its missing the centre brace.

were any of those pictures taken at port credit in Mississauga?

The interior was a very bad condition/dirty brown interior. I sourced a complete black interior, but am still missing a few small parts. I'll get some interior shots up when that is full complete. Yay i just got my OEM NSX-r horn and shift boot yesterday!

The Front Bumper is Jack Sports. I really should have went OEM though. So if you are reading this..buy OEM (was on backorder when i needed it). With that being said we do sell Downforce products at by store, and the quality is amazing. That would be my second choice. My sides are Downforce and my rear is OEM. I will be buying an OEM bumper in the future as I don't really like the look without the center bar in the grill area. The Jack Sport bumper does however have more of a two piece look vs others and does not have the plugs for the tow hook or oem tie downs.

The photos were taken in the Hamilton Bay area.

Wow sweet transformation. Love it! Only thing i would of done different is to remove the front and rear marker lights. Any interior shots?

If I had to do it again I certainly would have. I was concerned reading the comments of the difficulties filling aluminum and some people even warping panels when to much heat is used.

Wow, beautiful.

Nice to finally see a NA2 Type R replica in the GTA.

Front bumper is Taitec?

Thanks Oyagi!

Where in CA?

Toronto

Superb! Are you coming to the Fall cruise? Let's hang out! Come on!

I wish i could but my car and I will be tied up in my booth for my shop Teknotik at ImportExpo.

Very nice. I've always wanted to see a topless NSX-R rep. Any pics?

I only got a few with the top off. Ill post them tomorrow.

Very nice work, have you ever considered painting the roof black and refinishing the headlight housings in white?

The roof is black.

The headlights were a bad call on my part. I purchased them off prime already painted NSX-R style for the same price as new thinking I would be ahead not having to open and paint brand new lights. What I never took into consideration is that most people with NSX's or doing a conversion have Grand Prix White cars. I didn't realize that until it was time to assemble the car. I painted my car NSX-R Championship white which is slightly creamier and a very big colour difference and contrast from GPW. For now they have been lightly tinted with film to mask the contrast. My plan is to redo them Championship white when i switch to an OEM bumper over winter.

You can see the same with the wheels. I sent them to powdercoat and asked for "white". Its clear in the pics that the wheels are off colour from the car (again most people are backwards to me where they have a GPW car with cream wheels) so I have another wheel out now being redone in a white I hope will be closer to the car colour. If that doesn't work ill have to resort to painting them. Available colours for powdercoat are somewhat limited.

Last edited:
Looks pretty damn nice man. Good work!
A few things I'd do to finish it up.
1) Paint the inside of the headlights white
2) Add a rear defuser. NSX-R style
3) Raise the rear just a tad. Not sure what it is but it looks like you might have a dead body in the trunk..:smile:

Based on Shawn's build thread there may be a new iteration of the DF front bumper that is now closer to oem (2-peice look). I believe they also offer a carbon fibre centre brace (looks really sharp actually) for an extra $100

Based on Shawn's build thread there may be a new iteration of the DF front bumper that is now closer to oem (2-peice look). I believe they also offer a carbon fibre centre brace (looks really sharp actually) for an extra $100

That is correct. Downforce does have two different styles of the OEM bumper. They have the more popular Gen2 Downforce Sport FRP which you see most people (one piece, with 2 plugs and tow hook) with and also the Gen2 OE-R FRP which is a two piece like factory.

The biggest difference for me is the replication of the line where on an OEM bumper is where the two pieces attach over the lower bumper brake duct. Its totally personal preference as to if you like the sleeker look with no line, or a harder line like OEM ish. Personally i wanted the line and the Jack Sports was the only one like that aside from OEM.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="267"><tbody><tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"><td class="xl63" style="height:15.0pt;width:200pt" height="20" width="267">
</td></tr><tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"><td class="xl64" style="height:15.0pt" height="20">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

These pics might help...

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Here is the newest updated Downforce I got for a customer:

scaled.php

Last edited:
Back