• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A little help please

Hello everyone

Well it has been about 4 years since I sold my corvette and I am getting the sports car fever again.

But this time I want a real sports car. I have been looking at an V8 esprit but I can't get past the reliability issues.
So lately I have been looking into the NSX. I have always loved the NSX but in the past they were kind of out of reach sort of like the esprit. But now I have a little money to spend and would like to purchase a NSX.

First, I would like to purchase at least a 1995 for around 35,000-38,000 is this posible in the grade B or so condition (Very good condition. Average to lower miles. Little or no deferred maintenance) ?

The only reason that I want the 1995 is because of the power steering---How is the steering in slow turns (as in parking) on the older cars with 18" wheels without the power steering ?

Thank You :smile:

Actually i Personally bought a 1992, when i could have a purchased a 1995, specifically because i wanted a coupe instead of a targa and i preferred to not have power steering. You get used to it very quickly and even with 18's on the front parking lots really don't take much extra effort. I find i enjoy the feed back and input feel of not having power steering in the NSX so i wouldn't let not having power steering put you off purchasing a nice clean 1991-1994. But thats just my preference...I recommend you drive both before you make your decision.

comtec said:
The only reason that I want the 1995 is because of the power steering---How is the steering in slow turns (as in parking) on the older cars with 18" wheels without the power steering ?

It is doubtful that having no power steering would be an issue. Have you driven both?

lack of power steering has never been a problem for me, even with hot sticky tires after lapping sessions. There's no weight up front, unlike with the Corvette. Try an early car and you'll see.

djdrock said:
It is doubtful that having no power steering would be an issue. Have you driven both?

I haven't driven either one yet. The closest one for sale that I have found is like 450 miles away.:frown:

Thanks guys for the advise.

I have seen a few cars with the 18"F-19"R wheels and I love the way it looks but all the cars have been lowered 1"-1.5". I have no problems with lowering the car but I would like to see the difference.

Does anyone have 18"F-19"R on their car at the stock ride height that they could post pictures of?

If you had pictures of a before and after lowering it would be great.

Thank You.

Last edited:
95/96's in your price range (not including taxes, license and registration) with a B condition rating are available, but they do not come up regularly, and you have to work hard to get first shot at one when they do become available. After 5 months of daily hunting, I just purchased my first NSX and will be picking her up today. She is a 95 Red/Tan Auto all stock, which I purchased for $36,000 with 63,000 miles on the clock. The car is in very good condition with all services up to date. I may have paid a little more than she is worth being an all stock automatic, but there were 8 other people interested in the car, so I did not want to loose my position in line when the first buyer passed on the car because he was too tall to fit in an NSX.

Based on my car hunting experience, most of the less expensive 95/96's are located in the south and east. Not too many NSX’s have been available here in the west where I live. Recently, most 95/96's in your price range have been red or green, very few black NSX’s.

95/96's in your price range with a B condition rating sell very quickly. I came in second a couple of times because I did not call the seller fast enough. So, I suggest that you get your financing in place, watch NSX Prime, Auto Trader, Cars.Com and host of other web sites on a daily basis, and call the seller immediately when you see a car of interest. After you have seen and driven a few NSX’s you will get a good feel for the good values, but again so will the other buyers that you will be competing against. So, again act as quickly as you can, or you will loose out on the opportunity.

Good Luck,

Mario

The power steering really isn't a big deal. Try one and you'll see for yourself.

The big decision between a '91-94 vs a '95-96 is the removable roof panel of the '95-96 (it's called the NSX-T). If you want to be able to remove the roof panel, get the '95-96; otherwise, save your money and look for an earlier one (which are more numerous).

I don't recommend 18"/19" wheels because the best performance tires aren't available in the best sizes for those wheels on an NSX. 17"/18" wheels work much better.

After 5 months of daily hunting, I just purchased my first NSX and will be picking her up today.

Congratulations, You lucky dog.:wink:

So, I suggest that you get your financing in place

Well I havent bought anything major since my house so I will be paying cash.

If you want to be able to remove the roof panel, get the '95-96

I definately want to be able to the remove roof.

Thanks guys

18's 19's before lowering
DSCF0525.jpg

AFTER
DSCF0552.jpg

Isn't it true that the power-steering-equipped NSX's feel the same at speed, because the unit is electrical and only engaged at low speeds? If so, at what speed does the transition occur (I assume it is a range instead of an abrupt disengagement)?

oh yeah-- forgot to mention, I ripped the eps outta mine- (it's an auto):mad: -- but anyway- the car without eps, feels more like a go-cart--:smile:

Back