• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

a question for german owners

S|b

Contributing Member
Hi

i have a question for the german ppl on this forum

im checking cars on mobile.de and i find nsxs for sale but...

why do they/you register the car when a modification is done like cold-air intake or an aftermarket exhaust that gives you 2 extra kw?

to me it doesnt make any sense

does this give the owner any benefits by doing this?

im just wondering cause im thinking of importing a nsx in the future...but the car is never gonna be streetlegal in sweden if they read the "brief" and it says that the car has 203 kw instead of stock 201 kw...

/Stef

[This message has been edited by S|b (edited 24 February 2003).]

Hi Stef,
I'm not sure I understand your question. I am not from Germany but my NSX did came from there. It was given the standards specs (201Kw) on entry and although it did have to pass road inspection and emission test before I got my new license papers, nobody asked any question about power output.
I'm not sure about German laws but I don't believe it's necessary to list your modifications there either as long as your car passes the TuV tests.
From your question I get the feeling that in Sweden this is different or not ??

check this car
http://www.mobile.de/cgi-bin/search.pl?CountOff=29&DataNr=14&DisplayDetail=11111111116946248&DoSearch=1&FormCategory=0&FormColor=%2e%2e%2ebeliebig&FormDate=0&FormDurchmesser=0&Form EZ=%2d&FormKilometer=%2d&FormLand=%2e&FormMake=17&FormModel=nsx&FormPLZ=&FormPower=%2d&FormPrice=%2d&FormSort=0&Page=0&SearchCat=bereich%3dpkw%26sprache%3d1&bereich=pkw&sprache=1&x =0&y=0

this car is perfect..i would buy it any day

but the car has 221 kw...the owner has modified his car and added the mods in the "fahrszeugbrief"..the registration papers..therefore when im gonna bring the car to sweden and make it streetlegal...and the inspector checks the "brief" it says that the car has been modified = its a no no...the car cant be streetlegal in sweden unless im installing all the stock parts again and contacting honda sweden that confirms that the car is in stock shape = lots of extra work for me

/Stef

That's because all technical modifications have to be registered in the "Fahrzeugbrief" according to German rules.

I'm also aware of the Swedish rules making it difficult to import modified cars - we have kind of the same here in Norway.

E-mail me, and you'll get a possible solution to this problem.

Trond.

In Germay, all modifications have to be written into the 'Fahrzeugbrief'
For each part there must exist an advisory opinion (Gutachten) from the manufacturer.

Each 2 years the car must be checked by German TüV (Technical control by car engineers)...and you will get a sticker on your licence plate for the next 2 years
(If all is OK)

Most of the tuning or modification parts dont have this permission. Its not allowed to install them.

But otherwise the NSX is so exotiv, that no ENGINEER knows exactly whats OEM or not.
If the wheel and tire sizes are written right into the 'Fahrzeugbrief' ,you will get this sticker.
Problem is when your car sounds like a
GT racing car ......and...and.. and.

But: No risk, no fun

Back