• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

a rememberance for a true fighter - Steve Nicot

hi guys,

In this month's NSXDriver magazine, Steve Nicot wrote about his fight to remain a NSX owner despite his physical injuries stemming from a superbike accident. Sadly, I wanted to add a follow up that I was contacted recently by Steve's family to inform us that he had passed away.

I spoke to Steve before and after his accident, and were touched by his persaverance to keep the NSX in his life (converting the car to hand throttle, brake, and clutch).

Rest in peace Steve - keep tearing it up.

http://www.legacy.com/pe/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonId=123090991

Last edited:
Oh my,,was this the fellow who drove himself in his hand controll car with his family to the alms event at LRP? If so what was the cause of Death?To my trained eye at the time he seemed pretty robust despite his obvious impairments:frown:

Damn just read that article too. :eek: I was trying to look up and old buddy to get pointers as he was a paraplegic same as Steve and he drove a modified Camaro. He'd have his wheelchair sitting in the passenger seat, open the door, set it up, and off he went about his business.

RIP Steve :frown:

Very sorry for the family and friends.....RIP to him.

What a shame. So sorry for his family. RIP

What? I just read that article last night and wanted to see how he was coming along.

What happened?

Tragic...:frown:

02-10-2009 15:14
docjohn Re: a rememberance for a true fighter - Steve Nicot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh my,,was this the fellow who drove himself in his hand controll car with his family to the alms event at LRP? If so what was the cause of Death?To my trained eye at the time he seemed pretty robust despite his obvious impairments

docjohn,

I was at LRP this past year and to my knowledge the only person with hand controls there. Luckily I am fine.

It is sad to hear of Steve's passing. I too just read his story and was going to email him to offer my support in his project.

RIP-Steve

R.I.P. Steve

I too just read the story in the NSXDRIVER and was impressed with his initiative to push forward and figure out a way to drive his NSX.

on a side note This is a piece of an E-mail I got this morning from Larry at NSXCA.

"We have received a request from Steve's family to end all correspondence in the future, which we have respectfully done. If you happen to know a fellow member that has not read this e-mail please remind him or her not to respond to the e-mail address found in the article.

Rest in Peace, Steve."

I haven't had a chance to read the NSX Driver yet, but I got the email as well. Very sad. My condolences to his family and friends. Life is very short. Enjoy it.

Regards,

02-10-2009 15:14
docjohn Re: a rememberance for a true fighter - Steve Nicot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh my,,was this the fellow who drove himself in his hand controll car with his family to the alms event at LRP? If so what was the cause of Death?To my trained eye at the time he seemed pretty robust despite his obvious impairments

docjohn,

I was at LRP this past year and to my knowledge the only person with hand controls there. Luckily I am fine.

It is sad to hear of Steve's passing. I too just read his story and was going to email him to offer my support in his project.

RIP-Steve
Thanks for the post:smile: now at least I know who to grieve for and who not to.

Many of you may have already received this email, but I thought it might be important to post it here as the last portion asks for it to be forwarded. Please note the wish by the family for correspondence to cease.

Dear NSXCA Members,

It is with great sadness that I write to you today. A fellow NSXCA member, Steve Nicot, has passed away recently. On behalf of all NSXCA members we send our sincere condolences to Steve’s family, close friends, and all whose lives Steve had touched.

By now, as many of you are aware, the latest issue of NSXDriver has been mailed and received by most of the membership. It is ironic in many ways, and somewhat a blessing, that Steve has written an article in this issue to discuss his quest to modify his car to suit his needs. I think after reading it, we will all have a better sense of "Who" Steve was.

With that said, in the article Steve had solicited the membership to e-mail him to offer advice to aid in his modifications. We have received a request from Steve's family to end all correspondence in the future, which we have respectfully done. If you happen to know a fellow member that has not read this e-mail please remind him or her not to respond to the e-mail address found in the article.

Rest in Peace, Steve.

Sincerely,

Larry Bastanza

President

NSX Club of America

RIP Steve, great article about him and his passion for life. Is it possible for someone to post the aricle up because I know there's a couple of Prime members that don't get the NSXdriver.

Man- his article was truly inspiring. His passing makes me reflect on how fortunate we all are to be healthy enough to drive our own NSXs. RIP...

Life is full of strange ironies. Few of us may have known Steve before the last issue of the NSX mag, yet his having published his views about something he loved perhaps more then the rest of us - as his commitment and dedication to our common interest on this forum is clear -- reached out and touched many of us. Few of us have a chance to write our own epitaph, and not that his article was literally that, however its ironic timing resonates and hopefully leaves us all with a deeper appreciation for what we have and in particular for the things we are passionate about - children, family, or even "things" that capture our deepest interests like the NSX. Rest in peace Steve.

I've just read his article in NSX Driver magazine and I'm touched by the inspiration and determination he had trying to drive his NSX.

RIP Steve.

Cameron

hello all
this is Cody Nicot

i was steves middle child, i have an older brother and younger sister

my brother just informed me of my dad making an article in nsxdriver and was suprised by this as he never told me he had done so

as the car sits today........nothing has changed on it(besides the removal of his hand controls)

i have driven the car a few times as i am only 19 and at my dads request, me not be able to drive the car til im 23
good amount of waiting time but i can not bring myself around to sell it

it was his baby, and i promised him i would take good care of it and i deffinately will

i want to thank you all for what you guys have posted.
it means alot and the story behind what happen to me dad will be posted below

on dec 14th 07, my dad was involved in a street bike accident paralyzing him from the middle back down. He has supportive rods from his neck down as he also messed up his spine from there down. he was always in pain which was the main thing i think of why he couldnt live like that.

he had hand controls put in the car as he was detremined to not let his accident keep him from driving his baby

The last few months were very hard as for he decided he couldnt live like the and was not taking car of the bedsores like he was suposed to which got worse and worse as time progressed.
as time when on he started to fade away so me and my family went to see him as much as we can as for he would not be with us for that much longer.

after he passed away it was very hard for us as for we knew we wont see him until it is our time to join him in heaven.
I have tried to stay possitive about this whole situation as for his passions were golf and his nsx.
he was a very active person also so i think this took a huge toll on him.
He is in a better place now, walking with god, driving his nsx and is at the golf coarse as we speak.

i just wanted to thank you all for kind comments and it means alot

thank you all

Last edited:
heres some pictures of mine and my dads car(his car is now mine as he passed it on to me)

P1020084.jpg

P1020085.jpg

P1020086.jpg

P1020087.jpg

P1020088.jpg

P1020089.jpg

P1020090.jpg

P1020091.jpg

Back