• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A serious thought about supporting NSXCA

On the one hand, we *might* entice some people to join so that they can participate and on the other hand we *might* make the club seem like a fraternity that nobody wants to be part of because of a perceived "snobiness" (new word, copyrighted by me :biggrin:) of the members. For those of you who think there's *ANY* bit of snobiness, all you have to do is think back to the last time you went to a meet and thought to yourself, "man, what snobs". My guess is that there hasn't been such a time. I like to think we've all always been very friendly, members or not. We're not star-bellied sneeches!

J

It funny that you mention that James, because that was my first thoughts of the NSX Bay Area owners prior to forming the NSXCA-BA. I had a misconception that NSX owners were snobs and only hang out with their own. Man, I was totally wrong with my perception. It's just the opposite.

I've met a several NSX owners in the BA who I've never seen before and have invited them to our meetings. Maybe they have the same perception?:confused: Hope not.

I live 100 miles away from the Bay Area, so I don't often get a change to hang out and attend meetings. However when I do, I view it as an outlet to have fun with other owners and be removed from reality and the daily stress.

As I mentioned eariler, I have no complaints, and don't mind donating to the club. I see it as $40.00 a year for a wealth of information. That's basically a 1 full tank of gas for the year.

Last edited:
I feel that NSXPO is reason enough to join NSXCA. I only attend the 2
in Calif., but I gladly pay $40 a year to keep the club around to
organize such a fantastic event in other states for other members.

And then there were the ALMS Acura Hospitality events at Laguna Seca
where we got free lunch...

Cable TV and mobile phone costs $70 a month each, so is $40 a year
really that much?

If we have enough members and enough interest, maybe Hrant/Ted will
organize NSX track events again.

What authority?

That's too bad.
Are you currently a paying member and are you saying you are not going to renew your membership? That's unfortunate, but you have to make the decision that is right for you.

My mistake, I could of sworn he was an officer, real poor representation if he was.

I was a member, I do NOT regret being a member one bit. But it I can't justify paying for something I never used (beside insurance etc). Just too busy and money was too short.

Well, thanks for contributing your $5.00 to NSX prime as a "supporter". I guess it's better than "0". :biggrin:

I forget that the little label under our handle measures up how generous we are. Considering my AGI for 2008 taxes, $5 is alot of money.

Last edited:
Well just paid through Paypal and faxed them my application so I'm officially a member now :)

rk

Thank you for doing the RIGHT THING! I am thankful for your support for the club and welcome to the club. I was about to give you crap next time I see you.:tongue:
Steve

I guess it doesn't hurt to try it out for a year to see how it goes. Payment sent and registration form faxed. Now I'm officially part of the crew! hopefully I can complete my T-belt job soon so I can make it to the Lambord shoot!

Lol Steve:biggrin: we could use you for a national member drive:smile:

Being the NW rep, I bring club brochures to every meet. I think I'm starting to bug some people:biggrin:

J

Well just paid through Paypal and faxed them my application so I'm officially a member now :)

rk

Got your fax and I have scanned it and forwarded it to LarryB to be added to our database and processing of your welcome package.

Thanks for the support!

I Payment sent and registration form faxed. Now I'm officially part of the crew!

I am trying to match up your profile with faxes I received but I don't seem to have an exact match. Without revealing too much personal info on the web, do you have an "Alabama" somewhere in your address?

I am trying to match up your profile with faxes I received but I don't seem to have an exact match. Without revealing too much personal info on the web, do you have an "Alabama" somewhere in your address?

No, not that I know of. If anything, it should be California

No, not that I know of. If anything, it should be California

I did get a fax from a Sacramento owner with a '91 but the name did not match your profile. I scanned all faxes received as of midnight last night so by any chance did you fax your form sometime this morning?

Yup, that should be it. I faxed it this morning from Sacramento.

The other fax from Sacramento came in on another date so I am assuming that yours is sitting in my fax at home. I will confirm one way or the other, either here or through your email address listed on your registration form.

Thanks for your support and for keeping LarryB busy with updating the club database! The more work we give him on the computer, the less time I have to spend in court defending his speeding tickets.

EDIT: Your registration was waiting in my fax when I got home so it will be scanned and sent to LarryB tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks for your support and for keeping LarryB busy with updating the club database! The more work we give him on the computer, the less time I have to spend in court defending his speeding tickets.

Hey!!!!!!!! What about client confidentiality?????!!!!!:biggrin:

Besides, he was probably road testing a high performance car... he has to go fast to properly test the vehicle.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Back