• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A shop to install front swaybar and chassis bars near SF (auto innovations can't)

mfh

Registered Member
Hi all,

Just got my NSX-R front swaybar and 2 chassis bars in. Unfortunately the only performance shop I've taken my car to says they can not do the install (Auto Innovations in Milpitas).

Anyone have any recommendations?? I'm in SF but can probably drive an hour.

Thanks!

Mike Hughes

Thanks for the recommendations... I actually took my car to Don for an oil change and it was kind of expensive ($100 vs. $70 from dealer)... but I'll definitely get a quote, thanks.

Mike

If you are in SF, Don should be pretty close to you. I had my TB/WP/60k done there a few months back and saw atleast three other NSXs waiting for service there. I am very happy with his work and pricing. Search for other references on prime as well.

http://www.hilltopautoservice.com/

-vamsi

My buddy Joey works on S2000's and can also do some NSX stuff. Alot cheaper than Hill Top.

If you want his info just PM me.
He owns an Arco gas station on Westborough in Daly City

I am sorry, why can't Auto Inovations do it? I was just out their two weeks ago and their speciality is suspension and they love the NSX???? Please explain.

I don't know, Orlando just said "we can't do that for that car."

??? beats me.

Perhaps I should call them again?

I am sorry, why can't Auto Inovations do it? I was just out their two weeks ago and their speciality is suspension and they love the NSX???? Please explain.

Yeah, my friend knows him from S2Ki.

He also said he can't do them on my car either.

I mean there are only so many people I trust to work on my car and 2 of them just denied me service... I don't know what's going on. Maybe if you could ask your buddy - I might have talked to someone else...

Can someone help me out?? This is really weird.

Mike

My buddy Joey works on S2000's and can also do some NSX stuff. Alot cheaper than Hill Top.

If you want his info just PM me.
He owns an Arco gas station on Westborough in Daly City

I live in the city and don't have tools or a garage. :)

It might be DIY time. There are write-ups that can make this a very do-able job with some very basic tools.

I live in the city and don't have tools or a garage. :)

Hi Mike,

I did the work myself and it wasn't hard at all. I think the hardest part for me was to remove the plastic shroud that was in front of the car. But other than that, it's a piece of cake. Also, both of the front tow hooks need to be removed in order for the NSX-R bar to mount properly. I'm planning on lowering my car soon and of course, I'll be doing the work myself, so if you want, PM me and you can come over to my place and wrench it out on your own. And maybe I'll help too! :tongue: Let me know!

I just finished installing my front and rear sway bars from dali ! man does it make a difference!

I have a shop and would consider doing your install for you and probably charge you alot less than any other place since you're a member and all. If your interested pm me!

Jimmy

Back