• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

About to order a set of varrstoen wheels....

Just about to order some wheels, I have done plenty of research through prime but the original sizes that where made on a group by in the bellow link are not completely available anymore, so I'm just going to outline what I am about to order and the specs of tires and if you guys could give me some feedback on if they would work that would be great, please note I am ok with a little bit of scrub from the front wheels.

Here is the link I got a lot of my information from:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/136106-Varrs-Toen-(TE37-Replica)-Group-Buy

I can get the wheels in the following size:

18x8.5 + 35 front 225/35 R18

19x10.5 + 22 rear 265/275/ 30 R19

will the sizes fit without to much hassle? any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Angus:
"Wheel fitments for NSX
OK people, I hope these posts help since I see so many threads about the same "eternal" question, "what rims fit my car" or "will these fit" so here we go...

I am going to list what fits in the two most popular size combos:

- 17"/18"

- 18"/19"

... with a little deduction you will also be able to determine wether your 15/16, 16/17, 17/17, 18/18 combos will work too.

So here we go:

18"/19" -

Front wheels:

- 18X7.5, +45 (very inset) to +30 (very flush and depending on tire choice, possibly risky)

- 18X8, +48 (again very inset) to +33 (again very flush, use caution - and narow tire)

- 18X8.5, +48 (yes very inset but the rim is wider) to +42 ( it should be noted that the tire will be very, very stretched and this is not for everyone)

Rear wheels:
*** It MUST be noted that the NSX suspension geometry is such that when lowering the car, the rear will pull the tire inwards significantly, allowing a lower offset - lower number means wheel sticks out more - thus your wheel that was "flush" at stock height will no longer be flush, keep this in mind and know that the lower offset REAR wheels listed here will only work with lowered cars*** - wheels marked (*) are for lowered cars -

- 19X9 (very narrow wheel but can work, not "optimal") +40 to +30*

- 19X9.5 +45 to +28*

- 19X10 +45 to +28*

- 19X10.5 +45 to +29* ( at the lower offsets your car will need to be quite low and use a stretched tire (265/30/19) to clear fenders)

- 19X11 +45 to +36*

17"/18"

Front wheels:

17X7 +40 to +30

17X7.5 +44 to +32

17X8 +48 to +33

17X8.5 +48 to +40

Rear wheels:

18X8.5 +40 to +30 (this width NOT recommended but will work)

18X9 +40 to +30 (minimum rec'd width)

18X9.5 +45 to +33

18X10 +45 to +30

18X10.5 +45 to +30

I am going to say that these are only my estimates for wheel fitment and they probably don't agree with what everyone else says but I have spent a long time fitting wheels to the NSX and these are MY findings.

USE CAUTION WHEN FITTING WHEELS/TIRES - AND COMMON SENSE"

I had varrstoen from Angus... here's my specs:

F: 18x8 +35 215/35r18
R: 19x10.5 +29 275/30r19

Fronts fit barely. The rears cleared almost perfectly but the car was pretty low to create enough negative camber.

I'm pretty sure you will not be able to run 225/30 r18 up front.

thanks for responding so quickly, and for the detialed response OKI-BOY, everywhere i look people run +29 for the rear, but they only have +22 availably on their site ill have to see if +29 can be made still, the fronts are gonna be tough at 18x8.5 but "just" fitting is still fitting i guess.

They will fit with a LOT of hassle..
I wouldn't order those sizes and offsets if you plan to drive the car daily though. More of a show car fitment.

Its not daily driven but I still want a comfortable ride problem is that's about as little aggression I can get for the front because they don't do 18x8 anymore

If the problem is about finding as little aggression as you can get then what you could do is find a set of wheels that actually fit.

No, i want it to be aggressive but in that brand and style of wheel the smallest width they do for an 18" wheels is 8.5" and because I want to go 18/19 with these wheels if there is no chance of the front fitting then I may as well find another wheel option.

No, i want it to be aggressive but in that brand and style of wheel the smallest width they do for an 18" wheels is 8.5" and because I want to go 18/19 with these wheels if there is no chance of the front fitting then I may as well find another wheel option.

Well both the front and rears are out of the recommended width & offsets according to Angus' guide.
Therefore I would find another wheel option.

Brendan you said they don't make 18x8 any MORE, but can you find any used?

I check the fs thread every few days, but havent posted in WTB, but ill do that now. otherwise online I cant find any 2nd hand, only new.
The only other issue is me being located in Australia shipping costs may make the 2nd hand wheels more expensive than a new set.

Back