• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

About to pull the trigger on an NSX, cost for this maintenance?

Hello all, long time lurker here.

I am extremely excited that I may be purchasing my first NSX in about a week. That being said, the car in question requires a new clutch. While the car is undergoing this procedure, I want to go ahead and begin my ownership with a new waterpump and timing belt (and any other items that you can suggest)

I was wondering if anyone can give me a rough ballpark on the cost to replace the clutch, timing belt, and waterpump on a 95 NSX (labor+ parts)

I am in Atlanta and after a bit of research have decided to let Eiffel perform the requested maintenance- they quoted me 1,100 for the clutch labor alone, which seems fair.

Thanks to all the posters for providing and contributing to a wonderful information platform! I'm excited to be a part of this community!

check'it...

I was wondering if anyone can give me a rough ballpark on the cost to replace the clutch, timing belt, and waterpump on a 95 NSX (labor+ parts)

6-yr/90k-miles maint'/service (t-b/w-p/etc')
Dealer: $1,400 - $1,600
Independent shop: $1,200 - $1,400

+/- $100

(OEM replacement parts alone are ~$400+)

While you're at it, give consideration to the 4-yr/60k-miles maint'/service which is various fluids, filters, flushes, valve-adjustments, replacement of all coolant-hoses, and other things.

4-yr/60k-miles maint'/service
Dealer: $800 - $1,000
Independent shop: $600 - $800

+/- $100
I am in Atlanta and after a bit of research have decided to let Eiffel perform the requested maintenance- they quoted me 1,100 for the clutch labor alone, which seems fair.
OEM clutch install
Dealer: $2,400 - $2,600
Independent shop: $1,600 - $1,800

+/- $100

(good price for OEM clutch w/ pilot/throwout bearings is generally ~$1,200 from online OEM-parts vendors)

Thanks to all the posters for providing and contributing to a wonderful information platform! I'm excited to be a part of this community!
Best of luck on your NSX acquisition. Familiarize yourself w/ the Search & Wiki as it can provide lots of info' immediately, and likely answer most/all of your questions & concerns.

Nota Bena: obviously, prices may vary depending on location, dealership/indie-shop/technician, hourly labor-rates, as well as where/how the OEM parts are purchased & priced. Just use the aforementioned #'s as ballparks/ranges for reference.

Last edited:
Chad, I'm in Atlanata too - there is no one else to have work on that car that knows them like Eiffel and no one that I know of that will stand behind his work like Eiffel. You can't find a better shop for your NSX than Eiffel's Place - so his prices are better than the dealers - not cheap - but the thing you get with Eiffel is piece of mind and you'll know the work was done right! If anything needs follow up - he's there for ya! You can't beat that combo anywhere here in Atlanta that I know of. He'll take care of you so - unless you're willing to drive up to Nashville and get in touch with the "barn man" Barney - there is no better here in the local area. He's my man too and many or all most likely Atlanta NSX owners go there. I just met a bunch of our "boys" here in Atlanta this past weekend at Caffiene and Octane - Eiffel was there. There were about 7 or 8 of us. Good bunch of guys - three of em are named Tim - go figure - Anyway welcome aboard man!

Eiffel will do you right - so whatever he's charging is what I would pay. I took mine from Houston to Barney in Nashville cause he was recommended to me and I didn't know much about things then -but Barney is "THE MAN" in Nashville, the barn man, he works out of his barn in his spare time and works for the Acura dealer up there. Great guy, his prices are a little less cause he doesn't pay overhead. So for a good shop in town - Eiffel can't be beat - I would never take the dealer over Eiffel - NOT NO WAY NOT NO HOW! They don't know the NSX like Eiffel. So just pay "the man" and be happy knowing you've got Eiffel at your back!:wink:

Last edited:
Chad, I'm in Atlanata too - there is no one else to have work on that car that knows them like Eiffel and no one that I know of that will stand behind his work like Eiffel. You can't find a better shop for your NSX than Eiffel's Place - so his prices are better than the dealers - not cheap - but the thing you get with Eiffel is piece of mind and you'll know the work was done right! If anything needs follow up - he's there for ya! You can't beat that combo anywhere here in Atlanta that I know of. He'll take care of you so - unless you're willing to drive up to Nashville and get in touch with the "barn man" Barney - there is no better here in the local area. He's my man too and many or all most likely Atlanta NSX owners go there. I just met a bunch of our "boys" here in Atlanta this past weekend at Caffiene and Octane - Eiffel was there. There were about 7 or 8 of us. Good bunch of guys - three of em are named Tim - go figure - Anyway welcome aboard man!

Eiffel will do you right - so whatever he's charging is what I would pay. I took mine from Houston to Barney in Nashville cause he was recommended to me and I didn't know much about things then -but Barney is "THE MAN" in Nashville, the barn man, he works out of his barn in his spare time and works for the Acura dealer up there. Great guy, his prices are a little less cause he doesn't pay overhead. So for a good shop in town - Eiffel can't be beat - I would never take the dealer over Eiffel - NOT NO WAY NOT NO HOW! They don't know the NSX like Eiffel. So just pay "the man" and be happy knowing you've got Eiffel at your back!:wink:

Tim, thanks for the post, I really appreciate it. I have been in touch with Eiffel and he sent me a quote, which I actually just created a new thread to get some insight. Believe me, I understand the value of a good mechanic and have no problem paying what they ask, as long as they stand behind their work and peace of mind is part of the transaction.

I look forward to becoming an NSX owner soon! :)

Back