• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ABS broken.... then unbroken?

My ABS system hasn't been working for a while now... I figured the solinoids were broken or something. I've tracked the car a few times eventhough the ABS has been broken.

Today, as I was driving into a gas station, all of a sudden the pedal pressure fluctuated and then fluttered. Then, the compressor ticking started again. Does anyone know of any easy method to see or test what exact component in the ABS system is broken? Any idea how to try unbreaking it again?

this happened before on my other car

my 95 accord ABS light was on due to extremly little ABS fluid ( I had never filled up my ABS, and it's lower than the low line) , after I fill the reservor up, the ABS still not working, even I tried braking, and pumping right before the tires locked up... Then similar to your case, one day just crusing outside of my house, came to my favorite corner (in rain), a little less than moderate braking... ABS kicked in since I had tires on the middle yellow lines, ABS light shut off. It had no problem ever since.

Back