• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ABS question for Larry b

Seems like you know alot about this

Ok I thought everything was good after I bleed the solenoids. Last night when I left work started pumping again. I did the solenoids thing again and sound like compressed air then I bleed the actuator and little air came out. But can’t seem to get it all out.

You can check with "OLDMNSX" as he's a wiz with the ABS system as well.
Dali has a great "How to do it", "Danoland" on their site just for brake system bleeding that should be a real help as well.
Cheers
nigel

Last edited:
Seems like you know alot about this

Ok I thought everything was good after I bleed the solenoids. Last night when I left work started pumping again. I did the solenoids thing again and sound like compressed air then I bleed the actuator and little air came out. But can’t seem to get it all out.

OK, so what happened. Did it stop pumping? Did the ABS light come on? What procedure did you use for main bleed and selonoid bleed?

And I agree with Nigel. Talk to Brad, he has really focused on this system, and is the most knowledgable on it:).

Regards,
LarryB

first I bleed the system taking out the relay and using a jumper wire, run the pump for 20 sec and then open the nipple ( with a hose running into a bottle) do that a few times then, I unplug one solenoid at a time activating them. The first three I did, I only heard a little click noise and fluid came back out to the top all clean. After each one I would run the pump to suck it back in. The last one (if your standing in front of the headlight it’s the lower right corner) when I did that one would sound like a pressurized air comes out but no air bubbles, then I would run the pump open the bleeder and just fluid comes out. I run the pump a few times and had a few air bubbles, but can’t get them all out of the solenoid. The light never comes on and when the pump turns on I lock it up once and shuts up for a few hours then have to do it again. Before I even did anything I could not get the damn pump to shut up, going to a dirt road and going 40 didn’t work  but now just have to hit the breaks once and won’t sound for a few hours. Better then before.

Based on this info you have a small pressure leak, could be still a selonoid seal, could be the accumulator seal or the accumulator itself. Since the "excercise" seems to cure it, it really sounds like you have a weeping selonoid seal.

Brad,

Please comment on this:).

Regards,
LarryB

I did the solenoids thing again and sound like compressed air then I bleed the actuator and little air came out. But can’t seem to get it all out.

Zack,
When you bleed off the pressure it is going to sound like the "hiss" of compressed air. How are you keeping the fluid that comes out of the solenoids from getting back into the pump? If there is any air in the fluid that is going into the pump you are just "pissing into the wind". As long as there are any air bubbles in the fluid that is coming out of ANY of the solenoids you need to bleed them some more. It usually takes me 2 quarts of brake fluid to completely bleed a system, but it may take more. Remember that this system operates at 4800psi at full pressure. The pump will turn on when the pressure drops down to 2800psi.

As Larry said you may have a solenoid that is seeping. The best way to fix this is to actuate that solenoid numerous times as you are doing the bleed. Don't just open it and let the pressure bleed off. Open, close, open, close....... Did you read all of the threads that I have commented on recently? If not, just do a search on my posts. Where do you live, I get to travel around a lot and may get to stop by in the future?

Brad

Yeah when I activate the solenoid it does sound like a hiss noise, not sure how you keep the fluid from the solenoid from getting back in the pump. I would open the solenoid a few times open close open close ect. Then run the pump to suck it back down since it’s all clean. Brad im Located in So cal, Then pump is better then before. I only have to hit the breaks once to shut it up, but would like it to not activate every 2 hours. Yeah I did read the threads about this but still can’t get it done right.

i am in malibu and have a t-bleeder available.

Usually I bleed it all down and then fill it back up a couple of times and seems to take care of it.

Back