• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Absolute resolution for cleaning Windshield and Windows!

Okay...here is one of the biggest secrets I have regarding detailing your car! This system for window cleaning cannot be beat! For those who don't know me, I am about as anal as it comes when detailing my cars. Ask Red Wings if you don't believe me!

The key to getting your windows perfectly clear is simple....

1) Stoners Invisbile Glass in the can.
2) Blue Surgical "Huck" Towels

Here is a link to Blue Surgical "Huck" Towels on E-bay. Do a search on E-bay and you will see a bunch of vendors selling them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/50-S...Z120753248238QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools

I have been using this combination for years and nothing....I mean nothing....makes your windshield and windows and clean, clear and perfectly streak free as this!

Be sure to buy the used towels. They are not only much cheaper, but the seem to clean better.

Try it......I guarantee it will be the best $25 or so you can spend. These towels never wear out so you will be able to use them for years. My towels are about 10 years old and they still work like brand new.

Be 100% sure you do not add fabric softener to the wash when you run them through your washing machine. Fabric Softener will make anything streak. You can wash these towels with anything else you run through your machine. No special care is necessary!

Just a side note.....my wife uses nothing but these same Surgical "Huck" Towels to clean our entire house...windows, mirrors, countertops, etc.

Enjoy! You will not be disappointed!

Now, you wanna know the best wax/sealant for your car???? Finish First. Nothing beats it! Also available on E-bay or directly through the company. Been using it for years. I have tried every, and I mean every, product out there and nothing compares to shine, depth of paint, very little effort to apply/remove, no residue or dust, no streaking, incredible protection from dust, pollen, etc., and especially durability. One coat easily last 6 months in the Phoenix heat!

Just another tidbit from my toolbox of things I use to keep my cars perfect! Here is the link to Finish First:

http://www.finishfirstpolish.com/products/

Last edited:
A couple follow-up questions on the towels:
1) how do you wash them after use? (I use woolite & vinegar on my microfiber towels)
2) typically how many do you use to clean a full set of car windows; I'm guessing you use a lot so as not to re-smear the dirt?

Thanks for the pro advice!

I just wash them in the washing machine with my other car detail towels. Just don't put any fabric softner in the wash or fabric sheets in the dryer. These make any towel streak on windows, mirrors, etc.

I use one blue towel per vehicle with no problems whatsoever! Before I start, I fold the towel into four squares. I then use the front of the square for one window, the back of that square for the next window, open, re-fold and use another square for the next window and so on.

I have never had any issue using one blue towel for one car.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Glad to help!

A couple follow-up questions on the towels:
1) how do you wash them after use? (I use woolite & vinegar on my microfiber towels)
2) typically how many do you use to clean a full set of car windows; I'm guessing you use a lot so as not to re-smear the dirt?

Thanks for the pro advice!

Been using Stoners for years. Nothing beats it. Might have to give the new towels a try. Thanks for the tip.

So its the towels not so much the spray!?

PS while reading your post I had Billy Mayes voice in my head. Started sounding like one of his commercials...LoL

thanks for the tips. I can never seem to get the windshield completely clean.....its really frustrating.........

I use a vinegar and water mix and an old newspaper. Get you inner Hobo on. But it seriously it works better most of the products I have used. Stoners works excellent and comes in an aerosol can for easy application but I have trouble finding it. The vinegar and water mix works good and I always have some around the house so thats what I use.

Yes...the blue surgical towels are a very important key to the success of this combination. The towels do not lint and they do not allow smears!

Billy Mays....RIP!

Back