• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Accelerating the nsx

Hi pals!

I would really like to know, how do you start your car when starting a "drag race" for example. Do you drop-off the cluch at 4000rpm under the vtec "kick-in" or you burn it in the vtec area like for example starting a S2000. My friend, who is a very good drag driver indeed, drives an S2000 and says that he drop off the cluch at about 7000-8000rpm to keep it with the good timing.

Even when watching the Best Motoring videos, they never show the rpm of the nsx at the start :( , but serval times they made us look at the R34 rpm, how easy is to start it, just drop the clutch at 7000rpm and no fear of wheel spin :)

take care, and thanx for replies in advance.

With the NSX, 3,500rpm clutch drop and you will see enough wheel-spins to make you tire. This happened on my black NSX which is stronger than my last red one (more powerful in stock form.) The car does have some torque. So, I would drop it below 3,000 and once it hooks up then punch it.

Indeed, with the S2000 the best way to launch off line w/o engine bogging is to go WOT (pedal to the metal!) and dump the clutch right at or past 7krpm, while the engine rev is still climbing, then let off the throttle a wee-bit so that tires get traction right away. With The NSX, different technique is required. Dumping the clutch at around 4krpm at 70% to WOT with TCS deactivated is optimal...I once dumped the clutch at 5k rpm's with the pedal to the floor and I did a burnout that lasted forever and the engine kept bouncing off rev limiter like I'm driving the NSX in GT3 w/o TCS...until I let off the throttle. Both with OEM tires btw (S2k - S02's & NSX w/RE-010's)

Good Luck!!! :)

You don't want to do the WOT dump with the S2K!!! They have weak diffs. I saw 2 in a row break @ the line at route 66 raceway in Joliet IL due to this. One of them was Larry's (owner of Body Werks). It was his second tranny/diff failure with the car.
Integra's will also snap 1/2 shafts doing this with slicks.

Back