• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

accessing turn signal bulb

After I loosen the screw that the service manual tells me to loosen, the light assembly (left front turn signal) does not drop down. Loosening the screw seems to make no difference at all. There is what appears to be styrofoam holding the light in place. How do I get it out? The service manual is from my '92, and I now have a '97, but I didn't think that changed.

The screw will not fall out of the housing as it is secured within a plastic sheath inside the styrofoam. I have found that if you use a phillips head screwdriver that is too thick that you cannot engage the screw when you think are. If you are sure that the screw has been loosened, then all you need to do is pry the lamp assembly out from the edge. Although this procedure seems simple, it can be very frustrating at the least. The procedure is the same for all '91-'01 NSX's.

It sounds like you have done everything correct. Just give it one more wiggle. :)

Okay, tonight I start prying. I definitely have the screw loose. I just hate trying to force something if I'm not certain that's what I'm supposed to do. Thanks for the info!

RC51NSX said:
Okay, tonight I start prying. I definitely have the screw loose. I just hate trying to force something if I'm not certain that's what I'm supposed to do. Thanks for the info!

A lot of Acura dealers actually use foam padded tape strips on both the top and bottom of the light assembly when replacing the a bulb or chasing down rattles (so I was told by Acura of Memphis).

Mine were like this and I had to slip a putty knife in on both the top and bottom to detach it. My guess is that over time the glue on one side of the foam padded tape bleeds through and sticks the foam side to the bumper. :confused:

Hope this helps..

I did this exact same DIY a couple of weeks ago. As others have said, the screw doesn't come out. Just make sure it is unscrewed from the housing.

When you pull out the housing, try to lift it up to keep it from scratching the paint in the bumper recess. Put a towel there if necessary. Start with the side away from the screw first, and gently pry it out with the flat blade of a screwdriver if you can't work it out by hand.

Good luck!

Back