• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Actual insurance values

With the prices of the early NSX fluctuating so much in the market, how did you go about determining what the actual value of your car is for insurance purposes? With all of the work that has been done to my car, the standard replacement cost wouldn't even come close to replacing it with another NSX, never mind one in near as good of condition as mine. My insurance company does offer an agree-upon value policy for an additional premium. Should I take the purchase price of the car, add up the receipts for all of the repairs, but leave off the upgrades (SoS supercharger, etc) to come up with a starting value?

You need to get the details of the agreed upon value policy from your insurer. I have agreed upon value insurance on another vintage car I own; but, the insurer required that the value be established by an appraiser. Part of that appraisal involved reviewing the receipts associated with the cost of restoration. I checked out the options for agreed upon value / collector car insurance from a few companies and none of them offered up a policy that did not involve the review of an appraiser. As a side note, the appraiser may or may not be of the opinion that modifications contribute to the value of the car.

Back