• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura commercial last night in prime time.

I could not believe my eyes. Like it was 1991 again. Well sort of. I watched this Acura commercial in prime time on ABC showing all there vehicles and as usual, disappointed, until the end.

In the 2nd row of the line up of silverstone cars sat an NSX. I don't know why they ran this commercial, since the NSX has been discontinued. Maybe they are teasing us.

Did anyone see this commercial?

Hi

I feel teased and I have not even seen it :biggrin:

Regards

I did see it. Very pointless to show it. Also, on the website, the NSX is still there. Very very odd. MAYBE Acura/honda are secretly making them?

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
I did see it. Very pointless to show it. Also, on the website, the NSX is still there. Very very odd. MAYBE Acura/honda are secretly making them?

Hi

Not only that, but it bothers me a little bit that they say this on there website:

"As you rev the engine toward 7100 rpm in your highly nimble existence, you know that in the 2005 NSX, you're in for an extraordinary journey."

I go past 7100 and beyond and the journey does not stop until 8000 and then some.

Regards

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
Maybe they still include an NSX in the commercial because they still have new NSXs to sell. :confused: I've received two 2005 NSX brochures from Acura in the past month.

Yep, I saw it too.
Caught me by surprise as well.
Wasn't until I saw it the second time that I was sure of what I saw.
Cool.

Acura doesn't show an NSX for years in a commercial. Now, they discontinue it and show it in a commercial!!?? :confused:

I saw this. It looks like they put the NSX in there just to ensure the entire lineup was covered. There was minimal emphasis on the NSX. The car is done until MY 2008 I suspect.

FuryNSX said:
Maybe they still include an NSX in the commercial because they still have new NSXs to sell. :confused: I've received two 2005 NSX brochures from Acura in the past month.

Ditto, and there is 2 on sales floor locally, so I would think it is necessary to move the last of them through the dealers.

Did anyone see the 94 Vigor in the commercial?!:biggrin:

2NRWerks.com said:
I could not believe my eyes. Like it was 1991 again. Well sort of. I watched this Acura commercial in prime time on ABC showing all there vehicles and as usual, disappointed, until the end.

In the 2nd row of the line up of silverstone cars sat an NSX. I don't know why they ran this commercial, since the NSX has been discontinued. Maybe they are teasing us.

Did anyone see this commercial?

Yes I saw that commercial, and I was wondering too why they put the NSX in the commercial. I'm thinking since it's technically still 2005 that's why it was in there.

I am running Microsoft Media center and when I saw the commercial, I backed it up and stopped it on that last frame and looked long and hard at that silver NSX.....

Yep - they're still advertising, but the only one I know of in Houston is a Red one at Gilman Acura. The bodyshop mgr there told me the dealership owner's wife was driving it for a while and it has something like 2,400 miles on it but they're still selling it as a new one for $89k.
Anyone wanta step up to the plate?

Zap

Pacemaker Kid89 said:

Why wouldn't they still be there? They still have them sitting in showrooms. There's one at a dealership here in Houston. Imagine how embarassing if it's still there mid-year, and that brings us to the reason they discontinued them. Is it a hard sell? Why?:confused:
Personally I believe a new one should be around $50k-$60k to compete with a Corvette and not $80k or higher. IMHO anything with less than 500hp should not be called a "supercar." Exotic? Yes! Supercar? No! I'm not just slamming the NSX - I love mine - but there's a few Civics around town that I wouldn't race in my NSX, but I sure would give them a go if I still had my
420hp Lightning!:biggrin:

Zap

supra2nv said:
how in the world does this have anything to do with the freaking HSC?????????

Maybe that last "frame" in the commercial was an HSC. This reminds me of when Chevrolet did a similar commercial in 1984 when they changed the body of the Corvette. They ran the commercial with the old body for some time then slipped the new body into the same old commercial. WOW, that made peoples heads spin.

Keep watching guys, marketing 101 at its finest.

MegaZap said:
Why wouldn't they still be there? They still have them sitting in showrooms. There's one at a dealership here in Houston. Imagine how embarassing if it's still there mid-year, and that brings us to the reason they discontinued them. Is it a hard sell? Why?:confused:
Personally I believe a new one should be around $50k-$60k to compete with a Corvette and not $80k or higher. IMHO anything with less than 500hp should not be called a "supercar." Exotic? Yes! Supercar? No! I'm not just slamming the NSX - I love mine - but there's a few Civics around town that I wouldn't race in my NSX, but I sure would give them a go if I still had my
420hp Lightning!:biggrin:

Zap

Yes, it is underpowered with todays standards - but it's 15 years old too, and were as fast as Porsches and Ferraris from that time!

I can't believe this car has been for sale for 15 years anyway :tongue:

I know Lotus Espirit has been for sale for over 30 but they have upgraded it all the time with new exterior/ interior and more power etc.

Tom Larkins said:
I feel teased nearly everytime I look for info about a new car in this section only to get slapped like the noise in the Sonic commercials w/those two guys at the drive-thru window.:redface:
Those commercials are hilarious.

lAdeel said:
Yes, it is underpowered with todays standards - but it's 15 years old too, and were as fast as Porsches and Ferraris from that time!

I can't believe this car has been for sale for 15 years anyway

I know Lotus Espirit has been for sale for over 30 but they have upgraded it all the time with new exterior/ interior and more power etc.
They gave the nsx a new exterior and a bigger motor also.

Back