• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura could take some lessons from Lamborghini

I'm really hoping what we've seen from those Photoshop fakes isn't close to the 2002 NSX. I am hoping the update will be subtle and tasteful.

Lamborghini did an amazing job, in my opinion, of updating the Diablo. Another car, it should be noted, which was released in 1990 and shared the general "outdated" consensus from the automotive press for a good part of the 90's. But, damn... they really did a job on the 2000 model. I mean, just look at that thing:
http://209.132.49.149/images-large/2000_lamborghini_diablo_60-7.jpg

It is a thing of beauty. I hope the 2002 NSX shares the same sort of yummie update.

------------------
Rob Kurfehs
1993 NSX Coupe
Blk/blk
www.neweconomydesign.com

[This message has been edited by nsx-808 (edited 26 September 2001).]

althought the new lambo may not be as controvesial as the 360 modena or the new 911. I bet many people will not like it. But I personally love the new look! Just hope they lost some weight.

edit: Sorry, jsut saw the pic you posted. I thought we are talking about hte brand new Lambo. Nevermind.

------------------
George Wang
Keep it Real!
http://www.geocities.com/maomaonsx/price.html

[This message has been edited by maomaonsx (edited 27 September 2001).]

Believe it or not, those headlights are from a 300ZX.

I loved the Diablo ever since it was released, and now I love it even more than ever.
biggrin.gif

Michael.

Originally posted by mdoan300:
Believe it or not, those headlights are from a 300ZX...
Michael.

You are 100% correct. I personally saw boxes of them stacked along the assembly line of the Diablo's when I was at the factory 2 years ago. They even tried spray painting over the Nissan name and logo on the crates to cover up the name.

You'd be surprised at how many parts are shared between manufacturers.

I knew they stole those lights from Nissan! I have a 300ZX and as soon as I saw the Diablo with the new front at the auto show I knew right away they were from a Z.

Originally posted by Dr.Lane:
You are 100% correct. I personally saw boxes of them stacked along the assembly line of the Diablo's when I was at the factory 2 years ago. They even tried spray painting over the Nissan name and logo on the crates to cover up the name.

You'd be surprised at how many parts are shared between manufacturers.

My Lotus Esprit Turbo tail light lens' had Toyota Stamped on them.

Back