• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura Nose badge

Get a Honda badge. I've got one on mine from the previous owner and I think it really makes the car unique. It is after all a honda eveywhere else in the world. But to each their own.

I didn't know that, so only in the US does the NSX have an Acura badge?

Another decision I am trying to decide, which emblem on my red car? Yellow? Black? Those are the two I would think look best. I really like the yellow, but don't want to be copying Ferrari, but red and yellow sure match well.

try autodynamic.com....I think they're two for $25 and they have the carbon fiber ones also....
What ever you do, don't put a Honda badge on it!!!
I hate when I see that, unless you got it in Japan and shipped it over yourself, it should have an Acura badge on it...

You don't see people putting Toyota badges on a Lexus do you???

SoCalNSX said:

I hate when I see that, unless you got it in Japan and shipped it over yourself, it should have an Acura badge on it...

Oh boy.....I hope you don't see Vytas' NSX at NSXPO :eek:

actually i saw some guy put a Toyota badges on his IS300 and change the IS300 to Altezza or something like that
so it becomes Toyota Altezza

SoCalNSX said:
try autodynamic.com....I think they're two for $25 and they have the carbon fiber ones also....

Why rice out an exotic sports car?

Are people that fascinated with all things Japan, or just Franco-unamerican?

No offense to those who put Honda badges on their Acuras, to each his own...It just cheapens it IMHO......

Totally Honda

As already mentioned, my '91 silver is ALL Honda. The exterior was done with an all genuine Honda emblem, wheelcaps and taillights (including spoiler brake light). The interior was finished off with a Honda NSX airbag and a replacement cassette door showing "Honda Bose."

In my opinion, I don't think it cheapens the car but I prefer to have the actual name of the manufacturer that produced the car on my NSX. I don't care for marketing names. It's a Honda and it's known as a Honda NSX worldwide except here and Canada. I probably wouldn't care that much about changing the badges to Honda if I liked the Acura name but the fact is that I dislike the Acura name and the logo. I went on a mission to eradicate everything Acura off my NSX. I'm proud to display Honda on my NSX.

Last edited:
I don't mind having Honda badges on an Acura. Like others mentioned, it is a Honda. Even the engine covers say Honda Motor Co. on it. As an owner of many Acura cars ranging from Integras to Legends, to the NSX, I am actually tired of the Acura name. At least when Honda first brought the Acura name over to North America it wasn't just all a marketing ploy. The cars at least had recognizable names. Now, with the Alpha Nuemeric names the Acura name is a pure marketing only IMHO. Also, I see many people putting on Toyota badges on their Lexus. The GS300/400 is the Aristo and many put that on their cars. Same for the RX300/330 and Harrieer, and SC300/400 and Soarer.

Anyway, like I said above. I've owned 5 Acuras and I actually have more respect for the Honda name than the Acura name. It may just be me, but I'm tired of the Acura name. I love the cars, but don't care about the manufacturer name. I took off the Acura badges from my other cars as well. As you could already have guessed, my NSX has a Honda coversion complete with Honda airbag as well. Just like Vytas mentioned, the entire car is built with Honda parts. Even the parts you buy from Acura all have Honda on the parts bag. Even our oil filters say Honda rather than Acura. About the only thing Acura about the car is the plastic Acura badges. But, to each his own. I do not look down on anyone who like the Acura name, nor do I look down on anyone who changes them to Honda. That's what makes ownership fun. You can do whatever you want to do to your own car.:D ;)

Ok ok ok... I get it... it's personal preference H or A... Now, HOW BOUT SOME OPINIONS ON WHICH COLOR EMBLEM TO PUT ON A RED CAR...

Thanks....

Hmmm... at first I thought red, but the more I considered it, I got concerned the color would not match my paint. I am actually leaning toward the yellow or black.

Mines Red with a red badge, i'll see if i can take a pic of it later tonight when i get some time.

smonop said:
Why "Not yellow" any particular reason?

Because yellow doesn't go with red anywhere other than at McDonald's. Other colors that don't go with red are green (except in December), blue, etc.

Black goes. The original silver goes. Which is why both black and silver have other garnishes on the car which match.

just curious... I'm bad w/ rulers.. :p

what size??
thanks,
-x-

Re: Totally Honda

Vytas said:
I prefer to have the actual name of the manufacturer that produced the car on my NSX. I don't care for marketing names.

Then I guess you might also own a General Motors Corvette, a Fiat 360 Modena, a Ford Vanquish, a Volkswagen Diablo, etc. :eek:

In the States, it might be tough to find one of those ultra-rare Fiat badges to replace the prancing horse on your 550 Maranello. I guess you would have to go to one of those shops specializing in IDM items for the pasta boys. :D

Vytas said:
It's a Honda and it's known as a Honda NSX worldwide except here and Canada.

And Hong Kong, I believe.

nsxtasy said:
Because yellow doesn't go with red anywhere other than at McDonald's.

good point.
another factor for not getting yellow is if you post pictures of it, ken will post McDonalds logo to match. :D Your car could turn into the next clown shoe viper.... lol

On a serious note, ken's right about the colors. IMO, The red [H] matches quite nicely on a red NSX... a mate of mine did it after his NSX was badged. The [H] red is a slightly lighter tone, but it look okay and doesn't draw attention to itself.

nsxtasy said:
Because yellow doesn't go with red anywhere other than at McDonald's.

So does this mean you do not like my aesthetics Ken?!?!?

Attachments

• mcdonalds.jpg
    mcdonalds.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,151
ncdogdoc said:
So does this mean you do not like my aesthetics Ken?!?!?

Gary, yours is a pure track car. Within six months, I expect it to be either crashed or covered with sponsor stickers. :eek: :D

here's my nose pic, it's the best i can do with the light i had tonight.

Attachments

• p0000612.jpg
    p0000612.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 919
Back