• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura NSX at the Simeone Foundation Museum's Supercars exhibit

Hello,

My name is Joseph Chiaccio from the Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum in Philadelphia. We're home to one of the world's greatest collections of 65 racing sports cars. Through our theme, "The Spirit of Competition", we celebrate the history and evolution of these magnificent machines.

We are planning a special first-of-its-kind exhibit entitled "Supercars at the Simeone" during the month of April to kick off the 2015 season. We are currently seeking an Acura NSX to join this exhibit, to take its rightful place among the world's top supercars, as well as our collection.

We'd love to speak with NSX Owners and/or Dealers who may be interested in displaying their car for this exhibit. Yours would be the first of its kind ever to be displayed here, and we would be honored to have it.

If you'd like to learn more about this special exhibit, my contact info is below.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiaccio
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
[email protected]

Simeone Museum is on my bucket list. One day when I am visiting my family in Delaware, I hope to make it up to Philadelphia and to the museum. I have seen several episodes of "What's My Car Worth" (Velocity) featuring Dr. Simeone at the museum and I've since seen Dr. Simeone on one or two other Velocity shows.

For any Primers not familiar with the Simeone Foundation Museum, any NSX owner should be honored to display his or her car there.

We were hosted at the museum during nsxpo 2011. An amazing collection!

Joseph - one of our longtime members with a gorgeous Imola will be contacting you. He was with us when Dr Simeone personally gave us a private tour.

- - - Updated - - -

Video from NSXPO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lYcRLeJo4L0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Sounds like we might need to organize a road trip from DC for this event.

I'm sure a few from Pittsburgh will be up to meet you there!

The imola sounds great, but I'm (of course) of the opinion that a pop-up should be shown.

Last edited:
great eclectic collection....and they take them out in the parking lot on certain weekends so you can hear and smell and feel them in action....and if you need a crainiotomy Dr Simeone is at the ready...

I own an 02 but, used to have a 91. I vote 91 as well. For a collection like that, the first year car is more appropriate.

NOPE.......................... I can name a few with a ALEX ZANARDI only 50 made so one of these would be more fitting.

since people that own a Zanardi never drive it.

Imola is great to look at but not as rare as the Zanardi's or a Long Beach Blue Pearl those are the 2 I vote for.

- - - Updated - - -

Production numbers for 02,03,04,05

Imola = 19,9,9,3
LBBP = 13,4,5,7

NOPE.......................... I can name a few with a ALEX ZANARDI only 50 made so one of these would be more fitting.

since people that own a Zanardi never drive it.

Imola is great to look at but not as rare as the Zanardi's or a Long Beach Blue Pearl those are the 2 I vote for.

- - - Updated - - -

Production numbers for 02,03,04,05

Imola = 19,9,9,3
LBBP = 13,4,5,7

shawn not sure where your math lines up but...

49 IOP Total
88 LBBP Total
lbbpvsiop.jpg

Well, I'm not sure how interested Mr. Chiaccio is in reading about us debate the topic but I think I well cared for early example would be fitting. Bring on the fat fives!

Shawn, No one mentioned color or rarity. A low mileage 91 is what's needed. By the time the Zanardi came out, the NSX was behind the curve performance wise. The 91 was the car that pushed the technological envelope. Every NSX after that was just more of the same in a slightly different package.

Last edited:
Hello,

Thank you to everyone who replied to this thread and contacted us directly. The response we have thus far received from the NSX crowd on this forum has outnumbered all other cars by a large margin. So much so that we would love to discuss a day at the museum just for the NSX guys.

As some of you may know, our collection consists almost entirely of cars which are original, unrestored and unmodified. We have several 90 year old "barn finds" with dirt still caked on the fenders, as well as a car that is essentially as-raced at Le Mans in 1967.

For this exhibit, perhaps an earlier car from 1991-1993 in original condition is most appropriate, as opposed to the later production models or those which have been modified. I apologize that I didn't include this in my original request.

If that sounds like your car, we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact me at 267.777.9824.
Thanks again for the support, and we're really looking forward to working with you all.

Best,
Joseph Chiaccio
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum

I just happened to purchase a 1991 with 14k miles on it. Unmolested. Completely stock. Taken care of immaculately. Although it's coming to the bay area.

Well, if they ever put an NSX in the Smithsonian, it would be a '91 Formula Red with fat fives.

If there is an iconic color for this car, that is it. Go back and look at all the sales literature and the automotive press articles from '91. formula red dominates, followed by berlina black. And of course the "fat five" 15/16 rims should be mounted on the display car. That was the only offering for three years. The front rims were small and narrow by super car standards of the day but, like the cast iron floating brake calipers, illustrate Honda's commitment to put function over trend-following when setting design priorities. The need to keep the front suspension as compact as possible arose from the desire for optimal sight lines and ergonomic pedal placement. The narrower front tire profile also made unassisted manual steering more driver-friendly and resulted in impeccable steering feel and feedback.

The dates for the Supercar show are April 4-19. The NSX will be stationed with an LFA and GT-R, so it'll be a full house for Japan. We are humbled and excited by the great response by the members of the NSX community and we definitely would like to do a special event with you guys in the Spring or Summer. Will be in touch in the not-too distant future.

Thanks again for your support and looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Best,
Joe C.

Back