• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura of Brookfield - who has experienced the John Vasos service?

Anyone who's had service done at AoB and appreciates John PLEASE READ.

I don't think John trolls this board much (at all) so I think it's safe to post this and not ruin the surprise...
Those of us who have had work done on our X's at AoB know there's something special about John. He's a classy guy who will do anything to make the customer happy (and I mean anything). He goes out of his way to provide service way above and beyond.
I've racked my brain for a while trying to figure out what I could get John to show my gratitude. I realized that there's probably nothing I could buy (afford) that would do much for him. Finally it hit me. Remember ti connecting that rod some of us got from Woodwork a few months back? Well I've been grinding and polishing on that thing for around 20+ hours to get it to a smooth mirror finish (almost there). Though it'll be painful to see it go, I've decided to mount it on a plaque and present it to him next time I'm there (to pick up my car... with a new engine :redface: )
Then the thought hit me... Who cares if I give him some plaque thanking him?! I think it would be really cool to get as many of us NSX customers names as possible on there to give him an idea how much we ALL appreciate what he does for us and the NSX community.
So here's the deal:
I checked with my local trophy store and they will put as many names on the plaque as I need @ $2.50 to $3.00 max per name. If you want your name on the plaque let me know. I'll later ask for $2.50 to cover the cost of engraving your name on the plate but right now I'm trying to see if there's enough interest. If so, we can work the details out later (do we want our whole name, first initial and last name only, screen name etc). I will be going back to AoB in about 2.5 weeks but should probably have a final list ready by mid-September. I'll put names on the plaque in order of those who add theirs on. I think the best way to keep tabs would be to just reply to this thread and ad yourself to the list (like a gb). If you know someone who is a happy customer but doesn't frequent the board let them know! Sorry the time frame is so short - but the idea is fairly fresh to me too. I will definitely take pics when it's finished.
Please - nobody mention this to John!!!

Last edited:
1. MLmotorsport

I had a similar thought some years back, but the reward would have been an NSX . . .

Perhaps we can get 50 people to donate $500 or 250 people to donate $100? or some combination in between? I know I saved more than that as a result of his service.

Put me down for the plaque.

1. MLmotorsport
2. brahtw8

I'm all over this, great idea.

Great idea. I'm in.

1. MLmotorsport
2. brahtw8
3. nsxtasy
4. Q

Great idea. I'm in.

1. MLmotorsport
2. brahtw8
3. nsxtasy
4. Q
5. Gary Yates (ncdogdoc)

whiteNSXs said:
What the heck!:biggrin:
1. MLmotorsport
2. brahtw8
3. nsxtasy
4. Q
5. Gary Yates (ncdogdoc)
6. Stephen Howe (whiteNSXs)
7.Ghost

John is unbelievable, his service toward my NSX is beyond the call of duty.

If anybody can think of a nifty saying or "tribute" of some kind to appear along with our names I'm open to suggestions.
"An eternal sports mind for you" ;)

Shkrmvr said:
1. MLmotorsport
2. brahtw8
3. nsxtasy
4. Q
5. Gary Yates (ncdogdoc)
7. Chandra
8. Jim Bonkowski (Bonk)

OK

mystican said:
yes I'm in as well...
You forgot to do this part:

1. MLmotorsport
2. brahtw8
3. nsxtasy
4. Q
5. Gary Yates (ncdogdoc)
7. Chandra
8. mystican
9. Jim Bonkowski (Bonk)

1. MLmotorsport
2. brahtw8
3. nsxtasy
4. Q
5. Gary Yates (ncdogdoc)
7. Chandra
8. mystican
9. Jim Bonkowski (Bonk)
10.Ghost

My initial name registration was in a quote...Hopefully this goes in fine.

John never serviced my NSX but ive BS'd with him at NSXPO 04 and 05 and he is a chill cat:wink:

John was more than helpful with my out-of-state purchase. He went over and above what was required of him for my PPI. I'm in.

1. MLmotorsport
2. brahtw8
3. nsxtasy
4. Q
5. Gary Yates (ncdogdoc)
7. Chandra
8. mystican
9. Jim Bonkowski (Bonk)
10.Ghost
11.rsf944

Great idea. I've added my name to the list.

1. MLmotorsport
2. brahtw8
3. nsxtasy
4. Q
5. Gary Yates (ncdogdoc)
7. Chandra
8. mystican
9. Jim Bonkowski (Bonk)
10.Ghost
11.rsf944
12. Troy Gilson (martini-1)

13. matteni (PM'd you my full name). John is a class guy, a friend to anyone whom ever owned an NSX, and for some reason reminds me of Clive Cussler's character Dirk Pitt. A great guy all around.

martini-1 said:
Great idea. I've added my name to the list.

1. MLmotorsport
2. brahtw8
3. nsxtasy
4. Q
5. Gary Yates (ncdogdoc)
7. Chandra
8. mystican
9. Jim Bonkowski (Bonk)
10.Ghost
11.rsf944
12. Troy Gilson (martini-1)
13. Chuck Mirenda (ditto on all comments)

Squeeze me in on that trophy please!JV is awsome! :biggrin:

Please add Dave & Rae Talbot to the list.
John was responsible for installing the special
PURPLE harnesses.

Please add me to the list (DV8). Thank you for giving John the recognition he deserves.

The Kid said:
John never serviced my NSX but ive BS'd with him at NSXPO 04 and 05 and he is a chill cat:wink:

This isn't just for people who have thier NSX's serviced through John. I know he's helped many outside of the service facilities of AoB. For many he's that "angel" (John would love that charictarization :biggrin: ) who helped out at the track etc. This is a chance for those to show a small token of thanks as well. Want on Kid?

Back