• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura West(London,Ontario)

I used Acura West exclusively for 6 years with my NSX. In fact it is (or was) the background picture on the service computers.

Carmen (service advisor) and the NSX techs were outstanding and always did an amazing job for me. I have no hesitation recommending them.

I sure hope it wasnt them that broke the tabs off your door panel when replacing your window regulator.....and then used non stainless washers to hold what was left of the tabs. :mad:

I sure hope it wasnt them that broke the tabs off your door panel when replacing your window regulator.....and then used non stainless washers to hold what was left of the tabs. :mad:

There were 6 owners of your car before me. Doors were removed several times before I owned it for speakers etc. The Acura West techs know me personally and I watched them work on the car a few times. They were always very careful.

no, they will NOT allow you to watch, they put you in a booth all the way up there and you watch whats going on from above.. Carmen herself told me several times to leave the work area... I ignored her on several occasions until she finally gave up. But she gave me every excuse from sneakers to blah blah blah.... whatever. I asked when the last time was they worked on an nsx and they said, not in a looooong time...... make your own judgements... my 2 cents.

I never asked to watch them work. Just over the years I was invited back a few times and they were always good to me. Any dealership will get you to leave the service bay for insurance reasons - ie the customers aren't covered for injuries etc.

Acura West sold more NSXs in 1991-1992 than any other dealership. I'm not sure what they meant by not seeing one in a very long time Nikey, but they aren't Integras, so I don't think they are always in there.

Another club member actually stores his NSX in the showroom there over the winter, so I go check it out once in a while.

For what its worth...

They replaced the timing belt / water pump in my previous (92) NSX
That was probably 2 years ago.
No issues. Carmen was always good to me.
But again, I didn't stand over them while they worked.

Brad

I have not heard anything bad about them from inner circles. Usually if you watch someone working that will distract them from concentrating. Then they mess up! I dont mind if you watch because i have nothing to hide. But it causes problems. Job takes longer (lots of talking) and loss of concentration. Next time ask your doctor if you could watch him!

Well guys,picked up my car on friday....glad to report that everything was great.
They replaced all fluids,recharged the ac,window fixit thingy install,replaced the rad and the only issue was a backorder for the rear brake pads and two hoses.
They were very good at calling and keeping me up to date and letting me know what was going on...very pleased with the whole experience.
just have to mount new tires and rims!!
oh ya,almost forgot...new struts for rear window.
ps...saw a red early model coupe on 401 Tuesday heading west outside London.Anyone here??
Thanks everyone and have a safe summer.

Pascal,

If you saw a red coupe w/Michigan plates heading west on 401 in the early evening and then hopping onto the 402, that was me. I live in the Detroit suburbs and was heading home from meeting my Dad (who lives in Toronto) in London for dinner. If you are in the Windsor area I can recommend a service alternative for you that you might find very attractive. PM me and I'll fill you in.
Best,
Jeff

Back