• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AD08 Set sitting in my garage tips on finding the right wheels with right fitment...

Hi Prime...

My first set of wheels that I bought for the NSX came with some nice meaty AD08...

I sold that set of wheels shortly after but the buyer did not need tires so the tires have been sitting in my garage for sometime.

I know that the tires were a bit too much and it rubbed from time to time.

Sizes are:

F: 235/40/17
R: 265/35/18

I am hoping to set the car up for the track day in OCT so I have begun looking for track wheels.

Of course if I can find a set of wheels for track that can use these AD08 that would be perfect...

I am looking at Enkei wheels to be possible candidates but am a bit lost on sizing and offsets.

If you have any pointers I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advanced...

Check out scorps Motorsport wheels... They look nice!!!! And clear bbks

Unless you have a wide body or wider fenders those tire will for SURE rub just about everywhere, and would be a danger on the track. I absolutely do not recommend you use those on an NSX on the track and sell them. The rears are OK. You can use those. Get a 215/40/17 front.

For sizing you should go with 17x8 front and 18x9.5 or 18x10 rear. The et in the front should be mid 40's to keep it safer, down to a 35-37 MAX (most aggressive and flush). Your rears should be 35ish in the rear on an 18x10 (up to a 45 is fine too depending on what the front is), and if you go to a 9.5" wide wheel then you can go closer to 30 on the et. You need to list your car specs. Are the fenders stock? do you have a big brake kit? is the car lowered and how much?

Unless you have a wide body or wider fenders those tire will for SURE rub just about everywhere, and would be a danger on the track. I absolutely do not recommend you use those on an NSX on the track and sell them. The rears are OK. You can use those. Get a 215/40/17 front.

For sizing you should go with 17x8 front and 18x9.5 or 18x10 rear. The et in the front should be mid 40's to keep it safer, down to a 35-37 MAX (most aggressive and flush). Your rears should be 35ish in the rear on an 18x10 (up to a 45 is fine too depending on what the front is), and if you go to a 9.5" wide wheel then you can go closer to 30 on the et. You need to list your car specs. Are the fenders stock? do you have a big brake kit? is the car lowered and how much?

Thank you for the reply!

You reply is very informative and I will look into the sizes you mentioned!

As far as the specs:

*My NSX is on KWV3 and currently the car is lowered about 1.25 IN...
*I have no BBK and I don't plan getting them in the future so BBK clearance is not a factor here.
*I have stock fenders also

Thanks in advanced!

I really like the Enkei Kojin btw

I know its going backwards but I have a set of 17/18 mag blue te37 right now with street tires...

For track I am definitely looking at the Enkei wheels as an viable option...

Appreciate all the info that you provided!

I know its going backwards but I have a set of 17/18 mag blue te37 right now with street tires...

For track I am definitely looking at the Enkei wheels as an viable option...

Appreciate all the info that you provided!

Well that's certainly a nice set of wheels!!

Back