• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Added a 911sc to the stable..lives next to the NSX now

Red wine metallic 911sc šŸ˜Š

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 332
Yeah the 911sc is fun to drive, def not as refined as the NSX, but has its own character...get one!

My garage has a good length, but width-wise, not so much. I can't open the door of my nsx all the way to get in.

Congrats! What year?

//I'm two-three years late to the this SC party :)

Last edited:
That is sweet! Nice addition :)

Great addition, always loved the older 911's.

Very Nice, Congrats ... I had one too in the past.
Wouldn't mind having another... Great Cars!

Solidol, it's a 1981. I love all the 911 bodystyles through the years, but the late 70's and 80's I liked the most (luckily they're the lowest priced as well). I also missed the boat as I payed probably too much for it. Could have had it for over half the price a decade ago or so. I'll let the appreciation of the NSX cover that hehe.

tof, thanks..yeah. I own a couple other older cars (all rwd and manual of course hehe), and just like the minimalist designs of the past. wish i had more garage space for them!

CStricker, I really do need to take more pics of my cars..but here is one random one that I do have of the 911.

IMG_4478 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I purchased an '80 SC Targa in 1990 just after I got out of college. Great car and a blast to drive. Surprisingly agricultural feeling, but in a very solid way. Paid $15k and sold it three years later for $11k to buy my first house. Have fun, but never lift at speed in corners unless you want to see the rear end pass you! The SC's were built long before Porsche learned to tame the oversteer inherent in a rear-engined car.

Last edited:
Bamafan, i know exactly what you mean..definitely a mechanical feel to it. And it has this awesome gas/oil smell inside the cabin hehe. Thanks for the tip about not lifting off. I have found that it is a tad bit difficult for me to drive (relative to the other cars I have), as far as learning the clutch point, heel-toe shifting/rev matching, shifting properly--but I enjoy its "difficulty".

Last edited:
Back