• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Adding navi and headunit...

Thanks for all of the responses so far. I'm now considering a different setup. Any feedback would be appreciated. Here it is:

First of all, I'd like to stick with the stock Bose headunit and stock speakers.

For iPod functionality, I'd like to add the Harman Kardon Drive+Play. I have this unit in two of my other cars, and I really like it. Has anyone installed this in an NSX? Just wondering if there's a commonly available adapter for it. Would that be the USA Spec interface?

For navigation, I'm thinking about putting the Alpine M770 in the nav pod as a display unit. Sure, I won't have Bluetooth capability, like the 740BT, but I have a Bluetooth headset that I use in the car anyway. Then I'll install an Alpine navigation system.

I assume all of the audio can be input into the stock headunit via the USA Spec HON adapter. Is that correct?

How does this sound?

-CiaoBoy

You can get the blackbird and use it for Nav with your Alpine 740bt and also use the same Blackbird for music. It has 4g memory for music/videos. But I would just get my ipod hooked up to the Alpine 740bt also so you can controll it all from your Nav Pod the music/videos.

Last edited:
I spoke to the guys at Alpine yesterday and they said that in March or April the Blackbird2 docking station will be out. If you add the bluetooth touch screen to the Nav Pod, this would be a possible option... and the one I am going with! He also said that the screen has bluetooth for the hands free phone feature.

They also said that they have head units coming out that will sync perfectly with the iPhone so you can use it for your music.

For navigation, I'm thinking about putting the Alpine M770
-CiaoBoy

I don't think this screen is available anymore :frown: , But if you really want one I might know where one is...:rolleyes:

Thanks. I'm not particular to the M770; it's just that I have no plans to use Bluetooth with the stereo system since I already have a bluetooth headset that I use. I just checked the specs and it looks like the M770 is an older design and the resolution is much lower than some of the more recent offerings. Perhaps the 740BT is the way to go, even if I don't use the Bluetooth functionality?

-CiaoBoy

I don't think this screen is available anymore :frown: , But if you really want one I might know where one is...:rolleyes:

Back