• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Adjusting the Stoptech ST10 parking/emergency brake.

I figured I will post here for future reference. I searched prime and there was a long thread but never really a great explanation of adjustment, it had mostly instructions regarding the old design. There was also DIYs telling you to adjust the piston itself. I asked the question about adjusting the ST10 for the rear parking brake on the NSX as the instructions tell you to ratchet the lever. Well the revised brakes dont have a lever, it has a 13mm nut on the back as an adjustment. After tinkering with it for one side, the other side took me 2 minutes to install correctly.

1. Install the two supplied M6 hex bolts and torque it to specs as per the instructions.
  2. Do not hook up the cable just yet.
  3. There is a 13 mm nut on the back. This is the "lever" that the instruction manual refers to. Use a socket and ratchet and turn the nut counter clockwise. The piston should extend out and the brake pads should make contact with the rotor. You should still be able to spin the rotor freely at this point, if you cant, you've extended the piston too far.
  4. Hook the brake cable up along with the supplied "bushing" and put the pin in place.
  5. Pull the brake lever and see whether your rotor locks in place. Since the caliper is "floating" you might need to do this once or twice more.
  6. After you got everything adjusted, be sure to put the locking pin back in place.
  7. Test your brakes on an incline once everything has been reinstalled and adjust as needed.

Back