• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Adrain killed SoCal prime lol

She couldn't access the link. They must have an age restriction on that app!

You will need to contact Adrian and he will get her setup.

Reposting this since most of the youngsters are too lazy to go back to the fisrt page to see this.

Let's place blame where blame belongs... the reason that SoCal Prime slowed down is because me and my NSX moved to Oregon. No matter what any of you say... that is fact. It was never my intention... and I feel terrible about doing it. The good news is, I've had so many sleepless nights, and I know I've caused a great deal of grief amongst the NSX community, that I'm planning to move back into my rental property in Santa Clarita. Now, I don't want any of you to get the bright idea that it has anything to do with my tenants moving out... or the fact that Oregon has been rather boring for me the last few years... it's totally because I want to do right by the NSX community. Got it...! There... issue settled.

Glad you're coming back to SoCal and look forward to seeing you at the drives and events we have planned for the year. You being in Oregon should not have stopped you from posting here in the SoCal section. With that being said, FB did kill SoCal Prime.:wink:

Now I want you youngsters to explain how FB is a better place than NSXPRIME to post and get info on NSX related things. Patiently waiting for all the LAME reasons.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Let's place blame where blame belongs... the reason that SoCal Prime slowed down is because me and my NSX moved to Oregon. No matter what any of you say... that is fact. It was never my intention... and I feel terrible about doing it. The good news is, I've had so many sleepless nights, and I know I've caused a great deal of grief amongst the NSX community, that I'm planning to move back into my rental property in Santa Clarita. Now, I don't want any of you to get the bright idea that it has anything to do with my tenants moving out... or the fact that Oregon has been rather boring for me the last few years... it's totally because I want to do right by the NSX community. Got it...! There... issue settled.

Steve - good to hear you moving back to SoCal! See yah soon.

So, no good brownies up there? :tongue:

Reposting this since most of the youngsters are too lazy to go back to the fisrt page to see this.

Glad you're coming back to SoCal and look forward to seeing you at the drives and events we have planned for the year. You being in Oregon should not have stopped you from posting here in the SoCal section. With that being said, FB did kill SoCal Prime.:wink:

Now I want you youngsters to explain how FB is a better place than NSXPRIME to post and get info on NSX related things. Patiently waiting for all the LAME reasons.:biggrin:

I will explain for my fellow youngsters. Because it's faster. We youngsters don't just sit back and relax for an answer. I want info now! I post a link or question on fb, it's literally 1 click on my fb app, 1 click to my menu, 1 click to SoCal nsx, 1 click to post. I can now post and after scroll through the daily chit chat everyone posts. I don't need to go to owners discussion or SoCal vs nor cal, no need to go to new owners thread. It's all in 1 spot. There is no navigating.

The he other MAJOR reason is if it's hot it stays up top if it's not it is quickly forgotten. No need to scroll page after page to see what's on the topic list. If it's worth reading, it will be there when I check tomorrow. I post a thread here and get 2 responses. Post on fb and get 20. I can get 10x more replies just saying someone killed prime lol. I can post other vids. I don't need to go to a new tab open internet explorer or what ever and copy the link. ......I just click share. Fb and Instagram make it easier to get what you want heard. All this I haut wrote would pop up as a small icon on my app saying "10" or "13" indicating I have new notifications rather than blow up my inbox sayin les replied to why fb is awesome.

Thus, it's faster, more simplified, more refined, more user friendly "unless you can't figure how to turn a cell phone on" and lastly keeps the hot up and the boring goes away quickly, creating a constantly new topic. When was the last time SoCal nsx prime had more than 3 new topics........ Fb has a new topic every 1 hour at least. Get fb already les

I dislike Facebook as well. Goodbye Myspace, hello Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. :chargrined: Just more ways to split good discussions, great pictures etc. It's probably just me, but I think FB is too complicated and less user friendly than your typical internet car forum. As a result, I rarely use my account. Maybe I'm just getting too old. haha I have noticed that my younger friends live on FB, while my friends my age or older rarely frequent FB.

On a side note, I look forward to meeting you guys and gals at one of meets in the near future. :smile:

Last edited:
This discussion reminds me of this for some reason...

In all seriousness I dislike Facebook as well. Goodbye Myspace, hello Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. :chargrined: Just more ways to split good discussions, great pictures etc. It's probably just me, but I think FB is too complicated and less user friendly than your typical internet car forum. As a result, I rarely use my account. Maybe I'm just getting too old. haha I have noticed that my younger friends live on FB, while my friends my age or older rarely frequent FB.

On a side note, I look forward to meeting you guys and gals at one of meets in the near future. :smile:

How old are you?

Here is the recent FB demographics data. Young kids are leaving by the millions. Growth is up 32.6% for people age 25-34, up 41.4% for people age 35-54 and up 80.4% for people 55+ :eek:

BTW just to post this friggin image I had to first save it to my photobucket account and then copy it and then come here and paste it. AND if I ever delete that image form my account it will delete it here. on FB I could just easily share the link and image.

http://www.ibtimes.com/facebook-get...ion-teens-left-social-network-3-years-1543092

The interesting paradigm shift is that young people (like Jason) are shifting to a more now, fleeting, temporary, and immediate form of communication. Facebook is actually not that bad in terms of preserving this behavior. Snapchat and Instagram are incredibly more temporary and worsens this phenomenon. Talk about massive A.D.D. problems for the next generation. My younger brother (13yrs younger than me) already complains he can't concentrate in school and says he needs/wants drugs to help concentrate. WTF??????????

There is virtually no way to properly search, organize, or promote to the top valid data like on prime (though i'd argue the search tool here sucks). The discussion on FB, Snapchat, Instagram is driven by popularity not necessarily by ethics, appropriateness, or accuracy. One person's correct opinion can easily be overrun by the masses. For example, go to Facebook. Try to log in to the some of the White Supremacy pages that pretent not to be racially charged pages. Log into those crazy fanatic Christian FB pages... A sensible person like many of us will easily be overrun (from a volume of comments perspective). Yes, this has been the case on forums like NSX prime for many years but a platform like facebook enables something like to be incredibly viral incredibly fast. Interestingly enough Snapchat or Instagram cannot promote such a viral behavior due to their fleeting nature.

Facebook is a big time waster but it occupies my need to socialize. It's not better. It is what it is.

I will explain for my fellow youngsters. Because it's faster. We youngsters don't just sit back and relax for an answer. I want info now! I post a link or question on fb, it's literally 1 click on my fb app, 1 click to my menu, 1 click to SoCal nsx, 1 click to post.

Seems to be the same amount of clicks to get to the same place on FB as here. So your first reason is LAME.

I can now post and after scroll through the daily chit chat everyone posts. I don't need to go to owners discussion or SoCal vs nor cal, no need to go to new owners thread. It's all in 1 spot. There is no navigating.
The he other MAJOR reason is if it's hot it stays up top if it's not it is quickly forgotten. No need to scroll page after page to see what's on the topic list. If it's worth reading, it will be there when I check tomorrow.

There is a "What's New" tab on the main page here that does the same thing. Your second reason is LAME also.

I post a thread here and get 2 responses. Post on fb and get 20. I can get 10x more replies just saying someone killed prime lol.

You would have got 20 responses here before NSX FB group was created, thus the topic of this thread you started lol. So again if there was no NSX FB group you would get the same response here. Another LAME reason.

I can post other vids. I don't need to go to a new tab open internet explorer or what ever and copy the link. ......I just click share.

Finally something that's a little better but it only takes a couple of minutes to post pics or video here so you're just being lazy.

All this I haut wrote would pop up as a small icon on my app saying "10" or "13" indicating I have new notifications rather than blow up my inbox sayin les replied to why fb SUCKS.
Fixed:biggrin:

You would still have to or not, read the notifications on FB, same as here if you want to know what people said. LAME reason also.

Thus, it's faster, more simplified, more refined, more user friendly "unless you can't figure how to turn a cell phone on"

It's not really. So another LAME reason.

and lastly keeps the hot up and the boring goes away quickly, creating a constantly new topic. Fb has a new topic every 1 hour at least.

The what's new tab here has this covered. LAME again.

When was the last time SoCal nsx prime had more than 3 new topics........

I explained this earlier. LAME

Get fb already les

Not going to happen.

Les, you made me laugh. :biggrin:

After over 300 views and the only person to try to explain was Jason, that made me laugh too. He's been trying to explain to me for the last 2 years how FB is better than NSXPRIME with no luck, because it's NOT.

How old are you?

Here is the recent FB demographics data....

I'm 39.

Thanks for posting that chart, it's pretty interesting. What I wish they added to the chart besides the number of users, was the actual 'usage' by each group. Yes, maybe FB has gained some older users, but how often and how long does the average user use FB? Again, my younger friends on are FB multiple times per day, racking up many minutes, sometimes hours per day, whereas my older friends hardly even log in, and I'm willing to bet they're not on very long.

Is Facebook better for this type of group? Not really. But... it's more convenient. I'll be opening Facebook anyways, and now SoCal NSX group is part of that, so the chances for interaction are higher.

Could a Facebook group replace the entirety of Prime? Never.

It is better served for a smaller, localized group? Definitely.

Are there better solutions that could replace Prime? Definitely. vBulletin/phpBB/phpNuke/etc are based on 10-15+ year old designs that haven't evolved. (See http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2013/02/civilized-discourse-construction-kit.html for anyone interested in a better UX/UI experience for the community.)

(And this forum software sucks, the rules about signing up with a non-free email address limits the user base and alienates potential members, etc etc etc) /rant

(....... the rules about signing up with a non-free email address limits the user base and alienates potential members, etc etc etc)

I agree with this x1000. Becoming a member here was a royal PITA. I had to use my work email address. Lame

Is there a list somewhere which explains which email extensions are acceptable? I couldn't find one...

May not be known to some but at one time (or still currently) you could use a free email address if one became a paying supporter of prime. I joined in 2010 using my apple MobileMe email address so it's possible that one could use the icloud.com address, which is free but not as common as yahoo, hotmail, etc? Not sure.

I have a facebook account but don't post much. I remember seeing a movie called "Sell Hard" where one of the principles (Will Ferrell) made a derogatory (but funny) comment about adults over the age of 35 posting on FB basically telling them to "get a life". On a side note, that was a GREAT movie, you gotta see it. Anyway, I can't even find SoCalNSXowners on facebook to join.

what facebook group are you guys talking about?

I checked out the FB page and it is too high schoolish for me. FB is for people stuck in high school and a poor excuse of being social. The majority of FB friends people have are people that the account holder either barely knows or does not talk to anymore. FB is also a good way to ruin your future with an unethical or racially charged post. It is easy to lose your job over FB as well as ruin your chances for getting hired. Any self respecting company will do a background check on you which includes FB. I see being on that sight as a liability and exposing far too much about one's self to the public. Get a life outside and do something real besides YOLO'ing everything that is mundane like drinking a beer or calling a pound sign a hash tag.

I agree with some of your comments and especially about company background checks and overall bantering that occurs there.

However there are still activities that I'm interested in, for example an owner posted this 10mins ago. How often do you see these kind parts show up on prime these days? Happens at least once a month here locally on FB or in the back channels of SoCal NSX ownership. We're just lucky there's a big ownership community locally with access to tech, hardware, and specialty NSX items you don't see on prime. Admittedly, folks around the country have the perception that Lovefab, SOS, and a select few others encompass the universe of North America NSX support. I don't blame them..

Screenshot_2014-09-28-08-41-56_zpsuere9u7k.png
I checked out the FB page and it is too high schoolish for me. FB is for people stuck in high school and a poor excuse of being social. The majority of FB friends people have are people that the account holder either barely knows or does not talk to anymore. FB is also a good way to ruin your future with an unethical or racially charged post. It is easy to lose your job over FB as well as ruin your chances for getting hired. Any self respecting company will do a background check on you which includes FB. I see being on that sight as a liability and exposing far too much about one's self to the public. Get a life outside and do something real besides YOLO'ing everything that is mundane like drinking a beer or calling a pound sign a hash tag.

Back