• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan Model T5 with Stoptech

I noticed a lot of wheel specific Advan/Stoptech threads and wanted to share another combination that works. I just got my Stoptech front and rear big brakes installed with my Advan Model T5. I also had the NA2 ABS system installed, since I wasn't too thrilled with the NA1 ABS. The wheel sizes I have are as follows

Front 17"x8.0" +38
Rear 18"x10.0" +42

I only took a photo of the front 17" wheel since the 18" wheel provides plenty of caliper clearance.

picture.php

Initial impressions of the Stoptech brakes and NA2 ABS are very good. They feel much stronger while maintaining a good balance. Additionally, the NA2 ABS engagement feels much better.

Much thanks to Chris at SOS for the deal on the stoptechs and helping determine the necessary wheel sizes and for Autowave for doing all the dirty work for me.

Looking good...those Stoptechs really help fill in the empty wheel space (not to mention stops the cars dead-on). What pads are you using?

Since I am primarily using the car for street use, I am using the Axxis ULT pads. When I get time to actually get to a proper track, I will probably upgrade the pads to race pads and swap out the rotors to slotted rotors.

Looking good! BTW, I was considering getting the exact rims and sizes for my car but was not sure how those offsets would look. Do you have any pictures of the car from the side angle that shows how flush they are to the fender lips? I would appreciate it if you could post some. Thanks!:smile:

Since I am primarily using the car for street use, I am using the Axxis ULT pads. When I get time to actually get to a proper track, I will probably upgrade the pads to race pads and swap out the rotors to slotted rotors.

In case you need Axxis ULT pads, both Larry and I have have an extra brand new full set.

Curious, how is your Stoptech e-brake working?

Looking good! BTW, I was considering getting the exact rims and sizes for my car but was not sure how those offsets would look. Do you have any pictures of the car from the side angle that shows how flush they are to the fender lips? I would appreciate it if you could post some. Thanks!:smile:

I'd be interested in seeing that too. Those wheels are on the top of my list right now.

In case you need Axxis ULT pads, both Larry and I have have an extra brand new full set.

Curious, how is your Stoptech e-brake working?

The e-brake is working good. The lever is stiffer than before and engages after several clicks. My OEM e-brake required I pulled it up all the way and was looser, so it may have required adjustment or service.

This offset and size is pretty aggressive and will sit flush with the OEM front fenders. Thankfully, I didn't have to use spacers since there isn't any room to push the wheel out. Below is an old photo I took for another prime member.

picture.php

Thanks for the pic Omega2. From the picture, it does look like it is as far out as you can go without sticking out. Looks good though.

Does anyone know if the older model 5 17x8 et38 and 17x10 et45 will clear the stoptech bbk?

TIA

Back