• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan RS/from Gunmetal to Gold?

David, I saw your car that sunday at the GTG and I love your car. IHO, black wheels is so played out. I never like that murder out look, I think gold will looks awesome. Please give it a try.:biggrin:

Last edited:
bronze lol:tongue:

Black + Gold = WINNING

6971843656_b184ecba52_b.jpg

I just sold my 91 Blk....but if I kept it...I was going for GOLD. I think itS AWESOME....Black or Gunmetal....Ehhhh....not enough contrast for me.

LOVE THIS LOOK..............

3270-13411-nsx-gold-work-meisters.png

Man I guess gold it'll be. I know Advan does'nt offer paint codes but I'll be looking at paint chips next week with hopes to get very close.

Yeah, I'll probably be refinishing my RZ's in gold/bronze after another track season. Black & Gold is classic. You can look back to 60's racecars from GT40s to Ferraris and see this scheme.

I used to rock gold CE28's ( in fact that pic above of Exiled's car shows my old wheels). It's a nice combo but hard to keep clean. I like how my grey Advans hide my pad dust but bronze would bet choice today if I was going for new wheels.

Posted from my iPhone

I used to rock gold CE28's ( in fact that pic above of Exiled's car shows my old wheels). It's a nice combo but hard to keep clean. I like how my grey Advans hide my pad dust but bronze would bet choice today if I was going for new wheels.

Posted from my iPhone

Oyagi, your car works well aesthetically with the darker wheels because the Advans have thin spokes. That allows the big brakes (your rotor hats in particular) and shiny lug nuts provide the necessary contrast. That and the Advan decals (IIRC from previous pictures) provide enough visual reference points to discern the shape of the wheels.

A lot of black/dark gunmetal wheels, just look like steelies going down the road because without a point of contrast, it hides the shape of the wheel compared to a lighter colored wheel. If you're gonna do gunmetal/black wheels, thin spokes and big brakes are a must (and/or some crazy colored calipers).

Humble opinion and all ;)

Last edited:
Looking at the BBK, I would have to say 18/19

Back