• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan RSII group buy: gauging interest

So getting back to the subject at hand... one question that has come up has to do with the concave of this wheel. Does it change with wheel width on this wheel. In other words, is an 18x9 wheel et35 less concave than an 18x10 et35. The answer is no. More material is added behind the center section where the wheel bolts up. That gets thicker, pushing the center out more, keeping the concave the same.

So to those guys that have a concern that if they go with a 9" they will have less concave, or if they go with an 11" they will have more, it doesn't matter. The asterisk denotes GTR face. It's the same face on the various widths. This info was given to me today by the rep for Mackin, the U.S. distributor for Advan.

THANK YOU for this tidbit! I was wondering if I should push the size limits for a wider wheel / lower offset.

Guys the official GB is up. Vivid Racing will handle all the transactions. You guys can still post and ask me questions here.

I've had a lot of PM's asking me to extend the time limit, and I think now that we are official, I will extend it for a bit more for the guys that asked.

Vivid also has a 0% interest for 6 months program through bill me later you guys can use. Maybe vivid can post more details.

Here is the official Vivid group buy thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1616957&posted=1#post1616957

Please don't procrastinate and get your order in. You don't wanna be the guy who is at the bottom of any list. LOL... Even though all the wheels should arrive at the same time, it's always good to have your name up top. This also helps Ahmed at Vivid by getting things done in a timely manner.

Guys please note that the 18x9.5 size is the wrong bore. So forget that size, a few of you asked me about it. You have to go 18x9 or 18x10 rear. I personally decided to go with 9.

I have done SO MUCH research and reading on this my brain is about to explode but let's just say I know this pretty well now.

Any questions on what you should order, PM me or just ask here. Don't worry about diluting the thread anymore. The real GB is up. Your question may also help someone else.

Does anyone have pics of the GTR face vs the standard RSII? Not sure which one to go with.

If it helps, I'm thinking of going 17/8 +37 front and 18/10 +35 rear in semi-gloss black. I currently do not have a BBK, but will get one in the next few months. Also, stock suspension / height. I don't track the car and want a semi-aggressive look. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Does anyone have pics of the GTR face vs the standard RSII? Not sure which one to go with.

If it helps, I'm thinking of going 17/8 +37 front and 18/10 +35 rear in semi-gloss black. I currently do not have a BBK, but will get one in the next few months. Also, stock suspension / height. I don't track the car and want a semi-aggressive look. Thoughts?

I think for what you want, semi aggressive and with a BBK, those are the specs that you want. GTR face just have more curve to the spokes, more concave. In almost all the photos, the faces are GTR. You can possibly not get GTR up front if you want a more "flat" look there, but on the rear, I would definitely NOT go flat and would definitely do GTR. I am personally doing GTR front and rear after much thought.

Guys some of you have expressed to me you don't like to see a stretched tire at all. This does depend some on the tire and the wheel but if you want the tire sidewall to bow inward and not out (which is how I like it), drop to an 18x9. An 18x9 is still within specified range of even a 275 width tire. A 255/265 fits very well on a 9" wheel. To my eye it looks better. It's personal preference but don't discount the 18x9 rears! They come in all the same offsets.

If anyone has any photos of a 18x9 rear vs. a 18x10 (ideally with a similar tire), I would love to see it. I'm sure this will help everyone make up their mind on which rear size to get!

I think for what you want, semi aggressive and with a BBK, those are the specs that you want. GTR face just have more curve to the spokes, more concave. In almost all the photos, the faces are GTR. You can possibly not get GTR up front if you want a more "flat" look there, but on the rear, I would definitely NOT go flat and would definitely do GTR. I am personally doing GTR front and rear after much thought.

I'm a little confused about the GTR face, do we need to request this in our order?

I'm ordering 17/8 +37 fronts, and 18/10 +35 rears in hyper black. I also have the Stoptech BBK, and KW-3 suspension. I would think I need the GTR face for the Stoptech BBK calipers.

Dave, thanks again for putting this together, please PM me the final pricing. Mike

From what i understand, if you look at the PDF file in the first post, the 37 offset front and 35 offset rear are GTR face by default. The 18x10 rear is only available with GTR face while the 17x8 front has one GTR face(offset 37) and two non-GTR face(offset 54, 45).
I'm a little confused about the GTR face, do we need to request this in our order?

I'm ordering 17/8 +37 fronts, and 18/10 +35 rears in hyper black. I also have the Stoptech BBK, and KW-3 suspension. I would think I need the GTR face for the Stoptech BBK calipers.

Dave, thanks again for putting this together, please PM me the final pricing. Mike

Dave I looked at the PDF chart and it shows that 18x9.5(offset 45) has the same bore at 73mm and PCD 114.3 mm like others. Can you clarify what you meant by wrong bore?

Guys please note that the 18x9.5 size is the wrong bore. So forget that size, a few of you asked me about it. You have to go 18x9 or 18x10 rear. I personally decided to go with 9.

I have done SO MUCH research and reading on this my brain is about to explode but let's just say I know this pretty well now.

Any questions on what you should order, PM me or just ask here. .

From what i understand, if you look at the PDF file in the first post, the 37 offset front and 35 offset rear are GTR face by default. The 18x10 rear is only available with GTR face while the 17x8 front has one GTR face(offset 37) and two non-GTR face(offset 54, 45).

Yes, that is correct. I am sorry guys, I have been sleeping like 5 hours a night you can see me answering PM's and posting at 3:00 am then again at 7:00 am. Really busy at my regular job plus this.

Used to be I believe you could actually get different faces with the same offset. Either I was screwed up or they changed it, but certain offsets are GTR by default and some or not. So what Ric is saying is correct.

Dave I looked at the PDF chart and it shows that 18x9.5(offset 45) has the same bore at 73mm and PCD 114.3 mm like others. Can you clarify what you meant by wrong bore?

You are right again, my sleepy brain was looking at the 17", not the 18".

However the 18x9.5 is only 45 offset, whereas with the 9" you can pick 63, 35, 25.

If anyone has any photos of a 18x9 rear vs. a 18x10 (ideally with a similar tire), I would love to see it. I'm sure this will help everyone make up their mind on which rear size to get!

The rears are 265 on a 10". I have also seen this in person although not on an NSX. There is a very slight stretch. Look and judge for yourself. Thanks to Synth for the photo.

311844_3126674104695_353218711_n.jpg

Thanks for your reply man. Let Vivid handle the questions from now on. You have done your part and let them take over from now on.

Yeah I wouldn't get the 18x9.5 since the offset is kinda high for the rear.

You are right again, my sleepy brain was looking at the 17", not the 18".

However the 18x9.5 is only 45 offset, whereas with the 9" you can pick 63, 35, 25.

^^ I would go hyperblack with red. There are a couple red on here with black or gunmetal RS and they look good.

Thanks for your reply man. Let Vivid handle the questions from now on. You have done your part and let them take over from now on.

Yeah I wouldn't get the 18x9.5 since the offset is kinda high for the rear.

I am here to help as well guys..Let get him get some rest...

I agree as well either go with the 18x9 or 10.

what color for a 92 red? hyperblack or hyper silver? Help!

I would go with Hyperblack as well..

Thanks all for the color advice.

what offsets are recommended good flush but not protruding look. I am currently running Technos in 17x8 and 18x10 that I bought from Dali a long time ago, and not sure of the offsets. But they are nice and flush. My car is dropped about 1" - zanardi springs over bilsteins on the lower perch.

thanks in advance.

^^if they look nice and flush, chances are they have offsets in the 35-37 range just like the 17x8x37 and 18x10x35 RSII wheel here, unless your current wheels have spacers which probably have offset in the early-mid 40 or so. To be sure , you need to look at your wheels to be sure. Some wheels have size and offset stamped on the outside and some stamped on the inside. My current bbs LM have these infos on the outside so I can see it easily.

^^ I would go hyperblack with red. There are a couple red on here with black or gunmetal RS and they look good.

I agree with everything Ric says tonight... Tomorrow, he may be talking out his ass but tonight, he's the man. LOL...

I think the Hyper black is MADE for a red car. It will look better than both other colors. He's also right about the offsets. I am going to deputize him as thread manager and go get some sleep. LOL

That color is only available on the old RS which is going away. It's replaced by the hyper black color. I agree, it's a nice color. But I think the hyper black is even more unique.

Back