• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advice on Ugly Swirls

got hit particularly bad by some birds, and tried to take care of it that night.

Wake up the next morning to have seriously regretted that decision.

Anybody have advice on how i should tackle this one?

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 272
It'd need to be polished out with some fairly aggressive polish I'm assuming. Fortunately for you, your in SF, I'm near it.. and I specialize in that stuff :).

got hit particularly bad by some birds, and tried to take care of it that night.

Wake up the next morning to have seriously regretted that decision.

Anybody have advice on how i should tackle this one?

Did you rub out the bird bomb with a brillow pad?? :biggrin:

I agree with DOOT, just call him and let him go over the whole car and make it look perfect again.

Josh

I have the same situation. I should change the name color of my car from Brooklands Green to Swirly Green. :frown:

I think mine was from having a car cover on during windy days. I don't go to Northern Cal often but when I do, I'll be sure to contact d00t.

I have the same situation. I should change the name color of my car from Brooklands Green to Swirly Green. :frown:

I think mine was from having a car cover on during windy days. I don't go to Northern Cal often but when I do, I'll be sure to contact d00t.

Yeah for sure! Or I could just go to socal ;).

I'm meeting up with him tomorrow to take those "little" scratches out for now, and we'll be setting something up in the future! :)

dOOt- Im in the bay.. do you think you can help me out? my car is in dying need of a good detail.. please let me know. Thanks!

Darryl

so Aaron (d00t) was kind enough to contact me via PM and take a look at my swirls.
He taped up a small 1 sq. ft. area, and gave it a few passes with a buffer.
Already that section is a marked improvement over the general health of the paint throughout the rest of the car, and I thought I already had outstanding paint for a garage queen. :eek:

I'm definitely hoping to get the full treatment someday. washing and waxing alone just can't compare!

p.s. Aaron has so many tools, polishes, waxes, and various sundry chemicals and applicators, I've got major garage envy. :biggrin:

so Aaron (d00t) was kind enough to contact me via PM and take a look at my swirls.
He taped up a small 1 sq. ft. area, and gave it a few passes with a buffer.
Already that section is a marked improvement over the general health of the paint throughout the rest of the car, and I thought I already had outstanding paint for a garage queen. :eek:

I'm definitely hoping to get the full treatment someday. washing and waxing alone just can't compare!

p.s. Aaron has so many tools, polishes, waxes, and various sundry chemicals and applicators, I've got major garage envy. :biggrin:

:cool: Still working on that case too.. :tongue:

Back