• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advice Wanted: Carbon Fiber Dash

I have a '95 NSX and the center console and driver side door console have what appear to be wrinkles near the top edge of the consoles. I've been eyeing the carbon fiber dash kits as an option vs. trying to hunt down OEM consoles. I'm concerned that the carbon fiber kits will look like that--kits without an good OEM fit. If you have an opinion on whether carbon fiber dash kits look good or not, please let me know. Thx in advance.

Stephen
Columbus, GA
[email protected]

I've seen some and have not been impressed. Personally, I'd rather shell out 200-300 more for a new console cover or just hire a body shop to paint it (which probably runs 100-200 from what I've read here).

Stephen,

I would suggest having your panels repainted first. Cost wise, if you went with a good CF overlay vs. a replacement oem piece, it'll cost almost the same. Depending on where you get it painted, it could only run you about 100-150. Just an idea.

Another vote here for repainting or replacing. Carbon fiber looks tacky (this is personal opinion) and is a big turn off to potential buyers when it comes time to sell the car (this is based on observed experience).

Check out repainting tips in this topic.

Your Replies

All,

Thanks for the excellent advice and links! I'm sure glad that NSX Prime exists and that it has active members--otherwise I would have done something stupid (more than once).

Thx again,
Stephen

Dash kit

I have the carbon fiber dash kit, i bought it off of e-bay for around $250.-$300, i have received nothing but compliments on it and it sets off the interior. if you want pics let me know

I would obviously go with the repainted console and not just because that is what was done to mine. The CF kit looks like a sticker that I use to play with when I was a child. Mine actually had one on and the previous owner took it off. If the whole thing is CF then that would be better, but then you would have to get the door pieces in CF too which could be expensive. Also, the one from Dali requires too much cutting for my taste.

Back