• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AEM boost pin.

Hey guys,
I'm changing the way I control boost , from the AEM tru boost gauge to controlling it from the EMS. I had ordered the actual pins from Chris at SOS to be able to wire the boost selenoid straight into the computer harness , but today when I went to install it the pin will not lock in?!!

At first I though I was putting it the wrong way but doesn't matter what do I try, it will stay in place.

A friend told me to use apoxy so the pin stays and doesn't back up.

What do you guys think?

This is with AEM EMS 30-1042 . Check the pic, is the 4th from the top (no wire in it)

Thanks ,

-MSR

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333678253.261110.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333678253.261110.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 67
Any thoughs on this guys?

It is hard to tell from your pic can you take a pic of the wire crimped to the pin out if the connector. If you do not crimp it correctly the connector will not go in deep enough for the tang to engage the stop in the connector.

Dave

any luck with your pin? you need to crimp the wire with the new pin just right in order for it to slide into the cavity and have the lock tab lock it in. Like this:

IMG_4154.jpg

It helps to have a quality crimper. Dont use one of those generic ones you buy at harbor freight. A good one will run you about 35 bucks.

I did managed to crimp it fine. The problem was that is wasn't staying in. It went all the way in but it would just not "hook"

It seems fine now but we'll see.
I'm not in the country for a while , I'll check it out when I get back . Hopefully it's fine.

-MSR

I did managed to crimp it fine. The problem was that is wasn't staying in. It went all the way in but it would just not "hook"

It seems fine now but we'll see.
I'm not in the country for a while , I'll check it out when I get back . Hopefully it's fine.

-MSR

The wire needs to latch in. The plastic catch on the connector must be removed to insert this, then reinstalled. In addition, you must use the proper size gauge wire with insulation thin enough to fit in the connector properly.

-- Chris

Back