• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AEM EMS + AEM Map sensor, what's your 'filter' setting?

If you have an AEM MAP sensor; in the AEM Pro software, if you go to Setup -> Sensors -> Manifold Pressure Sensor -> Options , what is configured for your MAP Filter value?

I'm trying to find the cause of some rapidly fluctuating voltage/pressure readings with the engine off, but the ign on (from around -0.20 to -0.45 PSIa). The fluctuation doesn't appear to change when I jiggle/pull on the map wires or when I turn on/off other accessories. I currently have the filter at 0 (off), but I'm wondering if this is normal and I need to use it a little to average out the reading or if I do have some sort of power supply problem... Thanks!

ps: it's an aem 2 bar map sensor.

-mike

hi Mike --

I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with the MAP sensor filter setting. However, you may want to try to use the OE MAP sensor to eliminate any possible wiring problems. The factory sensor can detect up to about 14 pounds, and is very precise. Remember to change your MAP sensor to the Honda sensor in the EMS software.

Cheers,
-- Chris

mikeh said:
If you have an AEM MAP sensor; in the AEM Pro software, if you go to Setup -> Sensors -> Manifold Pressure Sensor -> Options , what is configured for your MAP Filter value?

I'm trying to find the cause of some rapidly fluctuating voltage/pressure readings with the engine off, but the ign on (from around -0.20 to -0.45 PSIa). The fluctuation doesn't appear to change when I jiggle/pull on the map wires or when I turn on/off other accessories. I currently have the filter at 0 (off), but I'm wondering if this is normal and I need to use it a little to average out the reading or if I do have some sort of power supply problem... Thanks!

ps: it's an aem 2 bar map sensor.

-mike

PaynNSX said:
Put the MAP sensor filter at 6 teeth. If you do change over and try the factory sensor for diagnostic reasons, make sure to scale the breakpoints the same so the tune does not change.

Devin,

Thanks!! That fixed it rite up, and it also appears to have fixed my occasional racey idle problem.

Chris, thanks for the info regarding the stock sensor-- that was my plan B. Also, the oil pan is packed and ready to be dropped off at the UPS Store. :)

Now if I could just finish this intercooler...

-mike

Back