• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AEM EMS System help.

I bought a used AEM EMS 30-1002 sn:0141 from a fellow prime member. I installed a turbo system, RC550. I started the NSX with stock ecu, and it idled ok. I then installed the EMS, and now it wont startup... It cranks, and turn, but it wont start. I put the stock ecu on, and it starts/idles.

Does the V-tec controller jumper harness needs to be hooked up to start up the car?
Where do I find the pin out of the ECU harness?
I have AEM W/B 30-4100, where do I tap the 5v white wire to on the EMS?

Thank You.

Did you do the initial setup and send a calibration to the EMS? Did you just plug the EMS in and expect it to run? the pin out for the ECU is in the AEM disc and will be on your comuter once installed , just use search to find it under instructions. You will also see which input to use for the W/B . I do not know what you mean by "v-tec controller jumper harness" but you should not have other controllers hooked up in conjunction with the EMS since it can control Vtec it makes having the other controller redundant.

Last edited:
Once you have all of the above cleared and all of system items checked, and you still have problems starting the car, you might want to try THESE cold start settings, this will help start the car on cold weather but base cal. should start the car at least on the first 2 to 3 cranks.

Last edited:
Well according to the previous owner. It was base tuned into the EMS by FactorX. I dont know what he meant by that, but I thought it still be in there... I was hoping it be a plug and play and I could drive it to my Tuner.

"The NSX has a small 5th connector located on the rear of the factory ECU to control the two VTEC solenoids. We have supplied an expansion harness to connect to this plug which you must attach to your factory harness. To do this you plug the Yellow wire into pin D7 and the Yellow/Blue wire into A19 on the factory chassis loom."

I do not know what you mean by "v-tec controller jumper harness" but you should not have other controllers hooked up in conjunction with the EMS since it can control Vtec it makes having the other controller redundant.

The -1002 is the older version AEM EMS for the NSX. If I recall correctly, it did not have the VTEC wires plug and play ready.

When I saw the words "vtec controller" I just thought he had another controller seperately installed.

No matter what , you will still need to set throttle range , select injectors and map sensor - at least.

Back