• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AEM EMS to iOS Digital Dashboard and Gauge Display

This has been asked before, but I just have to ask again : any foreseeable future for this on Android? IOS are devices just are not as car friendly as Android and this is what I consider a MUST Have app to complete an Android based ICE system. Nobody else out there is offering what you are with this app, let alone for Android. You could own both markets, per se.

This has been asked before, but I just have to ask again : any foreseeable future for this on Android? IOS are devices just are not as car friendly as Android and this is what I consider a MUST Have app to complete an Android based ICE system. Nobody else out there is offering what you are with this app, let alone for Android. You could own both markets, per se.

I won't rule it in the future but not it wouldn't be for a while. There is still a lot of work to be done on the iOS app, once I feel like I am happy with where that is I may work on an android app.

- - - Updated - - -

Please PM the price for Bluetooth adapter; thanks.

The price for a prototype bluetooth transmitter is $199

http://www.enoughlogic.com/digital-display/

At the checkout enter coupon code: PRIME PROTOTYPE

Our newest prototype transmitters are shipping with our new trigger system. This advanced feature allows for you to send a trigger input back to your AEM EMS to activate certain engine protections or boost control changes. Any number of conditions can be setup using the advance warning system to output to one of 4 triggers. There is no limit to the number of warnings that can be assigned to a single trigger. This is a great feature for Series 1 users who will not have access to the newest 3.2 firmware available on the Series 2 such as low oil pressure protection and low fuel pressure protections which my app can handle and can be setup to save your engine. Other uses consist of lean protection, overboost protection, overheat protection, high intake air temp protection, etc.

PM me for more information about this advanced new feature.

The newest 1.3 update hit the Apple App store at 10:22 last night. It features several new gauge styles, as well as a new gauge menu system. Several other fixes were also included. In addition several features were added to the gauge menu to provide an alternate method of sizing the gauges.

Several new gauges are multi channel gauges that allow you to compare 2 or 3 channels at a time to provide in depth data analysis.

Look for a new Datalogging system in the 1.4 update which I'm working on now. As well as new Engine management support. VEMS will be the first addition to be compatible with the Digital Logic app, with others to follow.

Is it possible to have this device connected at the same time as a pc for tuning? I assume not since it uses the serial port.

I haven't tried it but it may be possible to use a serial splitter and uss both at once. Normally I just disconnect my transmitter and connect the laptop using the same cable.

Quick video showing my AEM EMS interfacing with the PLX DM-6 gauge display. The setup works seamlessly with the PLX ecosystem, it blends right into their daisy chain system, and will work in conjunction with their sensor modules, or on its own directly hooked up to a DM-6 gauge. Great news for all of the android users, although you can't use my app you should be able to view this data output on the various compatible apps available in the Android Market that are compatible with the PLX Kiwi system.

More information on that can be found here:
http://plxdevices.com/product_info.php?id=GSST2IMFD

Submitted a minor update for a few fixes and added the mirror feature for anyone that want to try to setup a HUD display. The fixes were mostly for overseas customers who has issues using a , instead of a period for certain numerical values, and now allowing them to select metric values in the horsepower/torque/gear calculations. Previously you had to enter the values as inches/lbs, and had to use mph on your gauge setup(Unless you got crafty).

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

I like the simplicity of this system but I really like OKI BOY's gauge design for the gaugeart sold by SOS. Can your system display his gauge design (with his permission of course)?

I like the simplicity of this system but I really like OKI BOY's gauge design for the gaugeart sold by SOS. Can your system display his gauge design (with his permission of course)?

You can design and use your own background, or an image available online. The ipad/iphone interface size may need some proper scaling, but yes you can use a backdrop to help present the gauges with a different look. Right not the app isn't specifically set up for this although I can add some more flexibility to the gauge interface to help make something like that a bit easier to accomplish as well.

Not as advanced but this is a quick user example of using a background to supplement the gauge look.
CustomerExample.jpg

Wow, that's a sweet gauge design! : ) Here's a screen shot when actually connected to the transmitter in operation. Anyone that can use Photoshop can create their own image and upload it into the Digital Logic app as a background. For this particular one, I lifted a carbon fiber desktop image from the web, a Honda logo from the web, and combined them with layers and opacity in Photoshop. I then superimposed the gauge placement I wanted into a new layer in the Photoshop image so that I could black out circles and rectagles behind the actual gauges. This didn't take long at all. Quick and dirty. I will probably come up with some other designs in the future. This layout is for my iphone 5. If you use an ipad or ipad mini, there is more room for more gauges and information. One thing I've noticed is that, in use, I don't really look at the needles sweeping, or the bar graphs rising or falling, I seem to just see the actual numbers, unless there's a warning (which turns the gauge red, or whatever color you make it). Maybe it's just the way my mind works, but it may influence how I layout future gauges.

image78.jpg

I made a mount for my phone (just like the link below) that places the phone in front of the center console so I can easily see the screen, but I don't have to have a permanently mounted set of gauges. Best of all worlds to me.

image79.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...o-console-mounted-iPhone-Grom-bluetooth-audio

Last edited:
Back