• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AEM FIC owners... need help

im at the last step of reflashing and as i hold the button for 5 secs and wait... the screen stops at this "Reading micro ID!" and i read on the aem forums that i should restart and hold the button longer which ive already tried. still isnt working

someone help please?

Do what chris said if it still does not flash you will have to send the unit back to aem to be updated I have had a couple of these when they first came out that would not allow you to re flash them. Hope this helps

ahh.. what I love about AEM hardware and software reliability e.g. it crashes on Vista!!? :mad and doesn't ship with a USB driver and...

If their SE's can't write software that does not crash on Vista, provide a USB driver, and quality assurance on the hardware where 1/3 or 1/4 units are bad, I question how trustworthy the intenral software is and whether when it goes boom, "it must have been the driver's fault."

Ok, sorry about the AEM rant.... I suppose a Motec costs 10K and AEM 1K or even $500, you get what you pay for.

ahh.. what I love about AEM hardware and software reliability e.g. it crashes on Vista!!? :mad and doesn't ship with a USB driver and...

If their SE's can't write software that does not crash on Vista, provide a USB driver, and quality assurance on the hardware where 1/3 or 1/4 units are bad, I question how trustworthy the intenral software is and whether when it goes boom, "it must have been the driver's fault."

Ok, sorry about the AEM rant.... I suppose a Motec costs 10K and AEM 1K or even $500, you get what you pay for.

Am I missing something here? Where did the original poster mention anything about a hardware or software crash due to incompatibility with Vista?

I am not sure what you mean about AEM not including a USB driver. Your laptop will automatically locate and assign the USB driver after you have downloaded the new software and connect to the F/IC.

Regarding your "quality assurance" statement...Can you please post the factual data you have to support the "1/3 or 1/4 units are bad" claim that you made.

Is it true that AEM = GEMS and that AEM pays Gems for the software?

Is it true that AEM = GEMS and that AEM pays Gems for the software?

AEM does not equal GEMS; they are completely separate and unique systems. The EMS interface was originally licensed to AEM by GEMS and there are some hardware technologies utilized by GEMS that came from AEM. All of the new EMS code is now written in-house by AEM engineers.

The F/IC (original post topic) is a product that was entirely designed and manufactured by AEM - both the hardware and software side.

nsxotic911.....Funny thing is, its usually Operator ERROR. Its nice that AEM is open software, but then sometimes you get tools out there that "think" they are tuners and have no business touching the product.

Your not one of "those guys" are you?

J. R.

Back