• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AEM releases new INFINITY stand Alone EMS computer

I'm not sure how much we should care. How will this effect the NSX community, if at all. And more importantly, why the fu(k haven't they released a proper out to display gauges on a configurable touch screen?

I'm not sure how much we should care. How will this effect the NSX community, if at all. And more importantly, why the fu(k haven't they released a proper out to display gauges on a configurable touch screen?

How will a stand-alone ECU with the kind of capabilities this ECU has affect the "FORCED INDUCTION" section for the NSX???

Wait.......was that question sarcastic because you actually know how much you SHOULD care about this?

.........I'm lost

JR

if this ecu is everything that aem says it will be it will be right up there with the Motec m800. I am very excited about this release. It is very nice to be able to setup safety measures in the software how ever you like to basically throw the ecu into a limp mode. As well as being able to privately license your own firmware which enables you and only you certain setups and ability's that you can create.

if this ecu is everything that aem says it will be it will be right up there with the Motec m800. I am very excited about this release. It is very nice to be able to setup safety measures in the software how ever you like to basically throw the ecu into a limp mode. As well as being able to privately license your own firmware which enables you and only you certain setups and ability's that you can create.

Its the last part that has me excited. Think of the things that software engineers at AEM don't spend time working on because it doesn't appeal to the masses, but may be great for a few people. While its not worth it for them....it will be worth it to other people to make and develop. THAT is what will makes this ECU have the ability to not just be comparable to the Motec M800.......but in reality, DOMINATE it.

JR

I spoke with Devin at SEMA about the new ECU, it looks like it could be a game changer. I hope the price is right and it works as promissed.

AEM had a bunch of cool new toys in their booth.

Dave

Sounds like a huge step forward. Curious what pricing is, and what plug and play applications they'll be offering?

Sounds like a huge step forward. Curious what pricing is, and what plug and play applications they'll be offering?

No plug and play per say........I say per say because they said they will be offering plug and play harnesses, but everyone will be getting the same ecu. I like that idea. Then everyone is focusing on the SAME platform, and the only differences then are maps between the individual cars based on how they are set up sensor wise to pick up the engine's stat signal.

JR

No plug and play per say........I say per say because they said they will be offering plug and play harnesses, but everyone will be getting the same ecu. I like that idea. Then everyone is focusing on the SAME platform, and the only differences then are maps between the individual cars based on how they are set up sensor wise to pick up the engine's stat signal.

JR

Exactly, so this come down to having a harness made. Hopefully Devin will lend his assistance when this product hits the streets. If not, how long to map this out???

It controls drive by wire so can completely replace the stock ecu, i think that's a great step forward if the price is right.

Back