• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AEM Tuning

jmp

Experienced Member
I have a CTSC and aem on an NA1. It is awesome.

I have one question for others with this basic setup: Do you have a "hiccup" at about 2300 to 2400 rpm's? My tuner explained that he could not get rid of it.

Wha I mean by "hiccup" is that on anything less than about 40% throttle (when your foot is in it, there is no hesitation), there is a stumble or hesitation, which only lasts for 100+/- rpms.

Anyeone else experience this? Has anyone been able to overcome it?

Devin,

BTW I am loving my setup since aem, so no one interpret this thread as negative. It is an awesome setup!

I will get back to you shortly Devin with my calibration. I am in the middle of a large work project and will be in touch next week with my calibration.

Thanks!

OK hope this doesnt upset to many as I may be going a little off topic but I am considering that high boost kit SOS sells for my CTSC autorotor on my 92 racecar. Chris said the parts install is easy but that the AEM needs someone experienced with AEM tuning and that even with my laptop I would not be able to do it myself. Any input?
Thanks
Jerome

VintageracerNYC said:
OK hope this doesnt upset to many as I may be going a little off topic but I am considering that high boost kit SOS sells for my CTSC autorotor on my 92 racecar. Chris said the parts install is easy but that the AEM needs someone experienced with AEM tuning and that even with my laptop I would not be able to do it myself. Any input?
Thanks
Jerome

We have done lots of tuning at the track, and I have even done misc on the way to the track(dont ask), but it is not the way to go for your initial set-up. You need an experienced tuner to set it up correctly expecially with the ctsc(usually high IAT's) so you dont blow it up.

But once you get it done, if everything is set up right, you can then make small changes at the track etc, log it,and go from there.

I would definitely agree, get the base tune from a competent AEM tuner (ask around for recommendations in your area). I got a tune from Justin @ TuningConcepts here in Austin, he was *very* nervous with the IATs on the CTSC, until I showed him some forum posts that showed him that 1) it wasn't a sensor malfunction, and 2) was expected.

The tune has been running great, the car is running great, I am *very* happy with the combination.

Best of luck!

Back