• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

aero kit weights

Done a lot of searching, and followed a lot of threads over the years, but cant seem to really pinpoint just how much weight the various aero kits add (or subtract) vs stock piece by piece.

I managed to find reasonable info on the Stacy Skirts (+few lbs over stock), but air dams, rear spats, other skirts besides Stacy are all a mystery.

Id really love to know the weight of the Wings West air dam, for example. Seems it would be good info for the weight loss threads. Anyone know the weight of any of these parts?

Depends... the WW dam is urethane actually (as are the skirts). Also, the Stacy skirts are fiber, but are slightly heavier than the OEM skirts (esp when you add the door panels)

Hopefully someone has actually weighed some of these parts. Im surprised the manufacturers dont have the data on their websites.

I always found that net gain of 65lbs for the CT WB kit kind of amazing. I guess it is FG?

The odd thing is the CT air dam (which is on my car), as far as I know is just the WW air dam resold (and is urethane). I guess the WB kit air dam is a different part.

Anyone else have any additional data? It seems a great source would be Chris or MJ since they sell and ship out these things... Are you guys out there? :D

BIG PROPS TO MARK JOHNSON AT DALI!!!! who went out of his way to weight the Wings West Air Dam for me...

5.9lbs (much lighter than I thought) and Mark the OEM part is 12 ounces! :eek:

I wanted to commit this here for searching by future generations :D

Again, big thanks to Mark :cool:

Last edited:
Back