• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

After a 2+ year search, I've finally found her...

Hello Prime,

I have been on Prime every night for a while now. Did a lot of reading and asking questions, all have lead me to Zanardi #45!! And she is worth the wait. I want to thank Ken (Chopjazz), Jason (OSUGrad), No. 38, and several other members here on Prime for all their advices and patience in answering ALL of my questions.

Anyway, here she is... No words are need... Only comment is that, unfortunately when I took her photos, there were several shadows on her that really take away how beautiful her original paint job is!!! Plus, she hasnt been detailed yet. I have set an appointment for her on Saturday.

Thank you again everyone who has been patience enough to deal with my indecisiveness.

Warm Regards,

Attachments

• #45June09 007.jpg
    #45June09 007.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 322
  • #45June09 018.jpg
    #45June09 018.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 268
  • #45June09 022.jpg
    #45June09 022.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 296
  • #45June09 019.jpg
    #45June09 019.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 277
  • #45June09 027.jpg
    #45June09 027.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 281
  • #45June09 029.jpg
    #45June09 029.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 239
Congratulations - you finally found it! That is great and I know you will be happy with this beautiful car. I hope you like the wheels - that chrome is a bit over the top for me - but I like them a whole lot more than I would black ones!!!! I bet you got the original wheels - yes? If you did you might want to reinstall - this is just a perfect example of a Zanardi - bet it handles great. I'm very happy for you!

Hi Tim,

Thank you Tim! Those chromes are the original OEM rims, the previous owner just didnt like the gunpowder look so he chrome them. Interestingly, I have about 50/50 of people liking the chromes versus the original gunpowder look. I am already in the process looking into buying a new set of original OEM rims, or just have the wheels sand blast and repainted with original paint. Another possible option would be to sell the chrome sets, b/c there are a lot of people who likes them, and using that money toward buying a brand new set of OEM rim. She was worth the wait... :) Thank you again for all of your help!

very nice addition. don't forget to include yourself in the zanardi registration that mike, "The Kid" started.

I would love to get my hands on one of these rare machines...

Broinkrist,

Thank you! The kid was one of the Prime member that I consulted with, and who was very helpful!! :)

You have an appointment to have it detailed???? you need to detail it the First time yourself, its for goodluck, if you dont your messing with Karma.

the Joy of cleaning it yourself for the first time is Priceless.

the second time maybe.... take it to a Pro if you must. but you need to feel her lines, how her ass feels with the terry cloth soapy rag on your hand. you have waited so long to have her and now you do your gonna just turn her over to some other guy to clean her? I am sad for you car. LOL

clean her once yourself so you can see those scratches you didnt see before, you will know after washing her what her flaws are if any, and where they are, so the Detail guy cant say " OH that scratch was there when you dropped it off " ya know

my 2 cents and Welcome to Prime

Shawn,

I would love to detail her myself for the first time, but I have no idea about detailing, and I really, really don't want to take any chance messing up her paint job! which is still immaculate! We already bonded on the freeway...so I am okay with that... :) I will leave the detailing to the professional! As to all of her curves, I have traced every one of them with the back of my hand...

Welcome! You picked the only real special edition nsx sold in this country.Have fun.I'm sure you get tired of peeps giving you advice on the wheels but I would get the stockers put back on.

Congrats! I am jealous of you....:smile: You got a very rare version of the NSX. Don't forget to get the chin spoiler put on since its missing. I agree that the non-chrome looks better. Enjoy the car and hope to see you at NSXPO in Vegas this year.

Congrats on the Zanardi, I also live in San Diego so if you ever want to meet up for a drive just send me a PM I am really close with 3 other NSX owners whom are my really good friends that I have met through Prime.

I believe a guy in san diego that owns Panada Garage has a set of OEM Type S rims. Buy his set and sell yours on prime. I have no relationship with these guys and am just trying to help out another prime member.

http://www.pandagarage.com/

Congratulations on your purchase, quite a rare car. I'm from the "Purist Club" so returning the car to bone stock, especially a Zanardi is the way to go. Rims and chin spoiler and anything else about the car that was modded. When you show the car it should be in it original skin. Now off my soap box. :smile::smile:

p.s. I'd personally detail the car myself.......

Broinkrist,

Thank you! The kid was one of the Prime member that I consulted with, and who was very helpful!! :)

I was waiting for my shout out. Dat, once again...Congrats. While I've always been an NSX fan, the Zanardi simply brings it to another level. Possibly the best "OEM" handling car I've ever driven. You know my thoughts on the wheels, snag a chin spoiler and just have fun. PS, that shift knob gets hot!:wink:

Looks like I really need to get my ass in gear and work on the Zanardi Database again.

Congrats! I am jealous of you....:smile: You got a very rare version of the NSX. Don't forget to get the chin spoiler put on since its missing. I agree that the non-chrome looks better. Enjoy the car and hope to see you at NSXPO in Vegas this year.

Ediddynsx - Go Lakers!! I was there for Game 1 in section 113! had a blast! As to Chin Spoiler, the nsx is quite low, and with the chin spoiler, it scratch the ground a lot. So I am not sure what I will do. Previous owner stated that when he has the chin spoiler on, he's constantly scrapping something. I will have a chin spoiler store away, when needed to be bone stock, I will put it on...

Congrats on the Zanardi, I also live in San Diego so if you ever want to meet up for a drive just send me a PM I am really close with 3 other NSX owners whom are my really good friends that I have met through Prime.

I believe a guy in san diego that owns Panada Garage has a set of OEM Type S rims. Buy his set and sell yours on prime. I have no relationship with these guys and am just trying to help out another prime member.

http://www.pandagarage.com/

Hey Manh,

You are awesome! Thank you for the referral to the rims! I will definitely make contact. I will be out of the country until July. I will PM you for a meet up when I get back! Thanks again!

Hey Manh,

You are awesome! Thank you for the referral to the rims! I will definitely make contact. I will be out of the country until July. I will PM you for a meet up when I get back! Thanks again!

Those rims are sooo hot! That was my suggestion! :wink:

....As to Chin Spoiler, the nsx is quite low, and with the chin spoiler, it scratch the ground a lot. So I am not sure what I will do. Previous owner stated that when he has the chin spoiler on, he's constantly scrapping something. I will have a chin spoiler store away, when needed to be bone stock, I will put it on...

The chin spoiler is more than just cosmetic. It is a functional piece of the aerodynamics of the car. Without it on there you will see an increase in frontal lift at higher speeds. In plain English, without the spoiler on there the car will feel less stable. Period. I have driven mine with and without the front chin spoiler and you can tell a significant difference in handling as the speed increases. I would say to put the spoiler on and just be more careful. My NSX is lowered over an inch, and I still have the OEM spoiler on there, and with simple care and attention I am fine. People that scrape the spoiler are typically just too lazy to take the care needed to avoid scraping it. Just my two cents.

By the way....congrats on the Zanardi. They are amazing and special cars.

Hey Kid,

Are those 97 Type S rim is the EXACT same rims as the Zanardi?!

They look pretty dead on. I thought the Type S was the same as a USDM Zanardi. Anyone know any differences? It's funny, when you run your carfax it says 1999 Acura NSX Type S.

By the way, you can call me...Michael.:wink:

Dat,
It looks great. Check your email for details on the chin spoiler.

Ken,

A thousand thanks! I want to give a big shout out to Ken, who has been instrumental in my search for my NSX. Ken, the invitation to San Diego is always open. Please let me know when you are in town! Thanks again!

They look pretty dead on. I thought the Type S was the same as a USDM Zanardi. Anyone know any differences? It's funny, when you run your carfax it says 1999 Acura NSX Type S.

By the way, you can call me...Michael.:wink:

Hey Michael,

I am told the Type S rims came in three color; chrome, alloy metal, and washi Grey (gun powder). The Zanardi has the Washi Grey. So I dont think I will get these as they are NOT the Washi grey. Here are the photos of the rims for sale!

Attachments

• TypeSRims.jpg
    TypeSRims.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 64
  • TypeSrim1.jpg
    TypeSrim1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 54
I just discovered you are a physician,what type?

Those rims are sooo hot! That was my suggestion! :wink:

Hey Guys,

I am planning to replace the two rear tires. I was going to order the Bridgestone Potenza re010 245/40RZ17. Do you have any other recommendations that would be better than these? Thanks.

Back