• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

After Market Alarm VS Factory Keyless

I'm considering adding a Clifford or similar alarm to my 94', mostly for the keyless entry. The factory Keyless is around $350 with discount verses $199 for a basic Clifford. Can anyone in So Cal. preferably Orange County recommend a good installer who has done a few Nsx's? I don't want to be the Guinea Pig for "some installer"

I would recommend getting the factory installed keyless entry. I had a 97 NSX-T before and had a Viper system installed by a really high end stereo shop (head technician had a 95 NSX). Although there was nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't the same. And it didn't work with the existing alarm system in the NSX. When I got the 98, I spent the extra money for a factory system. (I paid $800+ for the keyless...if you can get it for $350, I think you should definitely get the factory) Just my opinion.

Hmmm.. I had an Alpine alarm on my '91 and have Clifford on my '98 and they both integrated fine with the OEM security system, were better and more configurable than the OEM system and offered additional features like keyless trunk release... all for less money. Just my opinion!

My keyless entry for my 97 was $334(list was $469!!!) I believe the units for earlier cars are much cheaper in cost.Installed it myself in under a 1/2 hour. Under the glove box is a cover with 2 screws, unplug a harness and plug keyless harness in, mount keyless entry box on cover you removed and reinstall. Comes with 2 remotes with trick leather covers for them. BTW, Gold Coast Acura @ 805-642-3600 got me the keyless at that price. Parts Mgr.Russ Chaddock can help you out too!

[This message has been edited by ANYTIME (edited 23 April 2001).]

Back