• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

After market head unit no sound

I installed a after market head unit(with SOS harness)to my stock speakers and amp and I'm getting sound when set to radio but nothing with CD or DVD play back. The stock CD changer has been removed as well. Help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Just to be clear. The Blue wire from the SOS harness needs to be attached to a "remote out" wire on my radio? I have a "reverse in", "brake in" and "key1 5v, key 2 5V". I also have 5 wires that I left unattached from the radio harness.
Picture 4rad.jpg
I cut the #3 ISO cables and connected them but have 5 wires left out.

Yes, hook it up to the remote out. I did that on my Pioneer stereo and it's working in all modes.

There should be minimum 8 wires left over (4 speakers) + the GPS/camera wires (brake, reverse, speed sense, mute).

Just my opinion. you already got a new head unit in which is the hardest part... Should REALLY get an amp and some good quality separates. You will totally love it over the stock speakers.

Are you getting video? I don't see what this has to do with the remote turn on. If there was an issue there, you'd have no working FM either. The fact that FM works fine means you either have a bad head unit, or there is a safety mechanism in the head unit that's not seeing a signal and therefore not allowing display of video. Most likely "brake in" is a signal from the e brake light and sensor. That's how the head unit knows the car is parked, and that's when it allows functionality of the DVD drive.

Connect the blue w/white strip from the dd which is remote out to the blue wires from the aftermarket harness and that will fix your problem. That remote out will power on your factory Bose amps and speakers :wink:

Oh I see what's going on. He's got the antenna out connected to the amps. That's 12V on FM, 0 on CD/DVD and so his amps are shutting off.

While we are in this topic, how do I make the "pop" noise go away every time i switch sources (fm, disc, usb)? Stock smp and speakers. Alpine DD. I read on prime that there is an voltage adaptor of some kind which will make it stop. But noone know what it is or part number. Waiting for LMR (Les) to find picture. He had this problem in the past.

Back