• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket Brake Pads / rotors

Just deciding on what new pads I need? I am putting on full polished wheels very soon and want to go ahead and replace my rotors and brake pads. Should I just stay with OEM or is there another good alternative with very little to no dust and no squeels :wink: And as for rotors do I just stay with stock or do I get the sets on ebay or dali (x-drilled, slotted) for $250-$300. I am not tracking the car nor do I brake hard unless an emergency. It is just more for asthetics.

I just got the Dali slotted which are apparently made by the same company that makes powerslots, just as an 'off brand.' The look good (on my floor) and were spoken highly of here. Time will tell I suppose! I also got Project Mu street pads also spoken highly of but again, given the damage i've inflicted on my car, it's gonna be a while if ever before they are all mounted.

For your needs oem pads will be best.If you have to have drilled rotors then get them,most problems with drilled rotors occure under the stress of track driving.

For your needs oem pads will be best.If you have to have drilled rotors then get them,most problems with drilled rotors occure under the stress of track driving.

John gives good advice.

You may also consider the Bobcat pads offered by CTBrakes (previously known as Carbotech). I have them for street driving with BBK and I am very pleased with their performance and almost zilch dust.

http://www.ctbrakes.com/

If you go with Bobcats, tell Janine I referred you. We had a huge group buy a few weeks ago.

What Hrant said!

Bobcats are excellent for the street. Virtually no dusting, excellent performance and I use them so you should too. :biggrin:

Back