• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket Driver Axle FOUND!

After a CV joint failed the way in to work, I did some research here and with a few of my company's normal suppliers. I've found a 100% new CV axle shaft for the left/driver side available at Checker/Schucks/Kragen. Didn't find this anywhere when I did a search, so hopefully this helps someone.

www.ShopCVUnlimited.com lists a remanufactured passenger side axle but after speaking with their build shop they have neither a finished axle nor a core available to build. They could build your axle if you sent it in. I found a local shop (Oregon Drive Axle) that will rebuild my passenger axle without shipping it across the country. I plan to do that unless someone knows of another option short of the $750 OE axle.

Tom

Last edited:
Hmmm....

I recently had mines done... I had a regular axle shop rebuild them for me. Cost me $75 each. NSX axles are nothing special to them... just as any front wheel drive car's axles.

Took them maybe two hours to pick them up from my shop and bring them back... good as new.

Back