• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket Exhaust

I have decided to change out my stock exhaust on my 2000 next week when I have the engine out for a clutch. After much research, I decided on RM Dual Tip (DTM) because of the sound and upwards curve of the tips. I called RM today to order it, and was advised that it has been discontinued for the NSX and no longer is available.

Any ideas or suggestions? The car is otherwise stock. I run a dealer tag on it so i could do Cat Back or Complete and just save the stock for the next owner.

I would call/visit the gents at www.scienceofspeed.com. They have a great reputation and their website has soundclips of the different exhausts available. Next year I will most likely go with Anytime (if they have dual tips by then) or comptech.

Good luck

http://www.bbtriflo.com/B&BMain.htm

They are made by B&B, you can order it direct from them if you have your mind set on it. I'm sure there are other shops that sells it for less than $1430.

For that price, you have a lot of options to choose from. SoS is a good place to start. Riding in a car with the exhaust is the best way to determine whether it is something you'd really like.

Tons of stuff on this already -but here it goes:

Anytime exhaust is a dual tip exhaust, that is the only way it comes. The B&B is a single oval 4.5" tip (similar to the Acura CL Type S tips) the Comptech is a single 4" tip design. Then you have Taitec which is a single 4" tip, Tubi which is a dual tip....and so on.

Along the lines of loudness, the Comptech is the quiestest, I have that on my car. Good luck.

I have an RM single tip. It's pretty loud-my friends always say they can hear me coming down the street at low RPM. It's low and rumbly at low RPMs but when you hit it it snarls with a nice higher pitch. From inside the car it's not as loud as it is from the back. I'm always surprised when people comment on how loud it is since i dont percieve it as such from the cockpit.

-Chumch

Cairo94507 said:
Tons of stuff on this already -but here it goes:

Anytime exhaust is a dual tip exhaust, that is the only way it comes.

I guess I screwed up the terminology. I was thinking "dual" meaning two tips out the back when the correct terminology is dual tips on each side.

My bad.

If you are going for an agressive F1 sounding exhaust that just sounds downright mean go with the Taitec GT Lightweight. Not only does everyone tell me it the best sounding car they have ever heard it also pairs well with Taitc headers (most HP gain of all headers) and drops about 14lb from the stock exhaust. There is my recommendation! :D

Back