• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket headers on 97-99 NA2, issues documented

So i bought these marvellous KSP headers. They come with extensions and repositioned lambda sensors, all fine. But they wont fit NA2 !

I documented everything with photos so everyone can see the issue. I am currently in communication with Toda so they can fabricate specific cats for me...

So in order - that's the OEM front header:
i-NshmTsS-XL.jpg

The lambda mounts directly on it, we'll have to replace that.

Front headers compared:
i-PWgXLjq-XL.jpg

Rear headers compared:
i-jpCh8JF-XL.jpg

That's the OEM rear header sensor location, has to be replaced too:
i-VnsGs7S-XL.jpg

Notice how the new headers provide a sensor location on extensions, here is the rear one mounted:
i-5m66vhF-XL.jpg

It fits (just barely) so we can work with this location.

That, is the issue (front header):
i-Pdsxkwv-XL.jpg

The cat is way too long. Even if i remove the extension (and lose the front lambda mount point by doing so) it's still quite too long.

Also the front header extension has a bend that the cat will have to replicate (i have photos below)

That's a view of the front cat location:
i-BN5D4Sg-XL.jpg

And both cat locations (again with headers extensions on):
i-wfkR3mb-XL.jpg

That's the bend of front header extension:
i-KMDnQVK-XL.jpg

Read header measurements:
i-mjPp8Xs-XL.jpg

i-sB3wcZp-XL.jpg

Front header measurement:
i-p96z6RZ-XL.jpg

Rear header extension:
i-zF4wkrQ-XL.jpg

notice how it has a 2-hole to 3-hole adapter on, i can remove that too if we keep the extension.

Front header extension:
i-dm2Lvrz-XL.jpg

That's the bend we have to replicate.

The best option would be to replace the extensions altogether, and have the cats run directly from the header to exhaust without these multiple adapters.

That would mean replicating the bend in the front header extension, and placing the lambda sensors in a same way (we test fitted them, they are ok).

2nd option would be to keep the extensions, maybe remove the 3-hole adapter from rear extension, and fit the cats in between. They'll be much shorter though.

basically the above is what i sent to Toda. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Answered you PM ;)

Just to contribute to the thread a bit:

This KSP headers look amazing!

And they are NA1 fitment, not NA2.

I would remove all extensions and have cats made specific for the car directly on the car itself to guarantee fitment. Also put the O2 sensor bungs directly on the cats. Looks more tidy and two cone type connections provide enough flexibility.

Bernhard

Yeah that's what i asked Toda basically, that would be a lot cleaner. Thing is they are in Japan, so they'll have to do with the photos i can provide them (i only have the headers right here, currently the car is still running on OEM headers+cats). Cannot do them directly on the car, i know no one able to do that here.
Seeems like NA2 aftermarket headers arent existing at all ?

Sell them move on to something that bolts on and no one has problems with SOS, Comptech, DC, OBX, TOPSPEED, move on and get to drive the NSX sooner rather than later

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed your in another country LOL please disregard my post I am an idiot

Well only SOS headers now can be made for 95-99, and at the time i bought the KSP headers these didnt exist (it's the new SOS model). If i sell the KSP that will turn out to be another expensive proposal for me (more shipping, customs..) and i still have to get the cats made since i ordered them from Toda already - they were waiting for my measurements before sending them.
So my choices are
- get the cats made by Toda to fit these headers (free now, they are paid for already)
- sell the KSP and buy SOS 95-99 model, a lot more risk time and money involved here

But good point, i'll see if Toda want to provide only factory like cats i'll have to sell the KSP headers and get SOS.
PS i'm driving the NSX, it's all back to OEM for now.

Last edited:
My exhaust is 100% like OEM NA2.
I am strongly considering getting the SOS headers and be done with it - who wants nice KSP headers for 91-94 ? They look like a piece of art. Lambda sensor extensions are provided, so are ball joints, should be plug and play.

My exhaust is 100% like OEM NA2.
I am strongly considering getting the SOS headers and be done with it - who wants nice KSP headers for 91-94 ? They look like a piece of art. Lambda sensor extensions are provided, so are ball joints, should be plug and play.

Oh... ok. i guess going with NA1 Cats + exhaust is not na option for you...

I have KSP headers and i can confirm they are plug and play for NA1... Love them btw

Yeah :( these cost me 2700€ + shipping. I'll lose quite a lot of money on this operation.. They'll be up for sale shortly if the current interested buyer is not getting them.

Update - i'm now facing a choice since someone has got NA1 header to NA2 exhaust cats for sale... but these are for NA2 LEV (00+) so i'm facing a choice
- take the risk and get these cats, and fit my KSP headers
- keep the stock like cats from Toda and use SOS headers (really not as nice as KSP)

From what i understand, difference between 95-99 and 00+(LEV) is only at header level ? Are exhausts exactly the same between LEV and non LEV models ? If so i could get those NA1 to NA2 cats and be done with it.

(edit) i found an anwser, no i cant get the NA1 to NA2 LEV cats, the exhaust itself is different too between 97-99 and 00+ NA2 (thanks to Toda guys for pointing this out):
na2_exhaust.jpg
Rear connection is shorter (or longer) and front is angled differently..

Last edited:
A year or so ago I bought a used set of 2005 headers. Then I tried to find adapters that would allow me to connect up my 91 cat/exhaust combination. This was pretty much a no-go. With a standard NA1/NA2 adapter, there would be a gap between the header and the cat on one of the pipes. So there are (at least) two different header/cat configurations on NA2's depending on year.

A year or so ago I bought a used set of 2005 headers. Then I tried to find adapters that would allow me to connect up my 91 cat/exhaust combination. This was pretty much a no-go. With a standard NA1/NA2 adapter, there would be a gap between the header and the cat on one of the pipes. So there are (at least) two different header/cat configurations on NA2's depending on year.

To answer your post, I make hi flow cats and test pipes that will allow you to fit 95-99 headers ( different header design but same fitment) OR 00-05 headers to a 91-94 exhaust.

- - - Updated - - -

So i bought these marvellous KSP headers. They come with extensions and repositioned lambda sensors, all fine. But they wont fit NA2 !

I documented everything with photos so everyone can see the issue. I am currently in communication with Toda so they can fabricate specific cats for me...

So in order - that's the OEM front header:
i-NshmTsS-XL.jpg

The lambda mounts directly on it, we'll have to replace that.

Front headers compared:
i-PWgXLjq-XL.jpg

Rear headers compared:
i-jpCh8JF-XL.jpg

That's the OEM rear header sensor location, has to be replaced too:
i-VnsGs7S-XL.jpg

Notice how the new headers provide a sensor location on extensions, here is the rear one mounted:
i-5m66vhF-XL.jpg

It fits (just barely) so we can work with this location.

That, is the issue (front header):
i-Pdsxkwv-XL.jpg

The cat is way too long. Even if i remove the extension (and lose the front lambda mount point by doing so) it's still quite too long.

Also the front header extension has a bend that the cat will have to replicate (i have photos below)

That's a view of the front cat location:
i-BN5D4Sg-XL.jpg

And both cat locations (again with headers extensions on):
i-wfkR3mb-XL.jpg

That's the bend of front header extension:
i-KMDnQVK-XL.jpg

Read header measurements:
i-mjPp8Xs-XL.jpg

i-sB3wcZp-XL.jpg

Front header measurement:
i-p96z6RZ-XL.jpg

Rear header extension:
i-zF4wkrQ-XL.jpg

notice how it has a 2-hole to 3-hole adapter on, i can remove that too if we keep the extension.

Front header extension:
i-dm2Lvrz-XL.jpg

That's the bend we have to replicate.

The best option would be to replace the extensions altogether, and have the cats run directly from the header to exhaust without these multiple adapters.

That would mean replicating the bend in the front header extension, and placing the lambda sensors in a same way (we test fitted them, they are ok).

2nd option would be to keep the extensions, maybe remove the 3-hole adapter from rear extension, and fit the cats in between. They'll be much shorter though.

basically the above is what i sent to Toda. Fingers crossed.

I should be able to make an adapter to fit what you have, I will need some precise measurements and I will have to make the adapters custom to fit your car. I will PM you back.

Back