• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket radio/cd players

Does anyone out there know of a website where one can find the stereo/ cd player that best fits their car based on make and model. I have a 99' NSX, and haven't run across any web sites that were too helpful. Any ideas for a setup or what has worked for you? Seems like a lot of people seem to have Alpines, how has your luck been with them? Thanks Hal-396 for your answer to my amp problem question from yesterday, I might get ahold of that BrianK dude.

For most vehicles I think Crutchfield has the best fitment guide available. I haven't used it though for the NSX and I expect it will not have useful information. The NSX console is unlike any other from what I have seen here in pictures and does not have any standard hardware behind the dash. The NSX is too low volume for normal suppliers to provide fit kits - hence the parts come from Dali etc.

It looks like any single DIN unit can be adapted with faceplate work. Double DIN units seems to work too but they require more work. Some potential problem with the angle of the display for DD units.

My past history (non NSX) has been with Concord (!), Sony, Kenwood, and Alpine. No bad experiences but most happy with Kenwood and Alpine (currently in my Ridgeline).

There is NOTHING that 'fits' (without aesthetic custom rework of the console)
- so get whatever brand/model with the features you want & takes your fancy. It will be essentially the same amount of work to custom retrofit, whether single or double din.

Advantage (& hence perhaps one reason for popularity, besides their quality) of Alpine vs others is for those who already have OEM (or mass-market) Alpine changers (which are compatible with OEM head unit) installed - that can be retained if staying in the Alpine family.

Back